BOARD SURE IS QUIET TODAY

Dec 15th, 2000, 08:10 AM
shhhhhh

BOARD SURE IS QUIET TODAY

Must be the weather or the holidays, but the board sure is quiet today. Not much activity and it sure is boring.

Maybe someone should post something controversial, like "Are all Gypsies thieves?", or "Fat people should not travel" to spice this sucker up a bit.

Dec 15th, 2000, 08:12 AM
janine

Maybe they're out doing their Christmas shopping. We should warn them to beware of fat gypsies in tennis shoes hanging out at the malls.

Dec 15th, 2000, 08:15 AM
yes

Yes I agree and they should also be aware of any funny looking people wearing hot pink jogging suits, wearing white sneakers, and fanny packs.

Oh, I forgot. We will be in a mall in the good old USA, where the only oddly dressed people will be the ones NOT in the above outfits.

Dec 15th, 2000, 08:18 AM
marcia

Or how about fat midwesterners, dressed like pastel chocolate easter eggs (matching sweat suit outfit). I love anyone with olive tone skin, dark eyes, and dark eyes - which could mean gypies, spainish, italian. I'm sure the lesbian PC thought police will be after me momentarily....

Dec 15th, 2000, 08:25 AM
heather

I hope I'm not losing my sense of humor, but shouldn't we be finding more constuctive ways to spend our day?
Of course, I am here too. But I'm at work, so I have nothing better to do!

Dec 15th, 2000, 08:25 AM
smellasnob

Yes, but it these innocents disappeared than who whould you feel superior to?

Dec 15th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Judy

Shhhh, I feel your pain!!! I miss the rancor and the snickering.....Geeez, I come back from a good day of shopping(sorry workerbees), and looked forward to feeling very superior, and nothing!! Nada, Zilch, bupkis! Come on Tony, you rascal you! Let's get some word wrestling going here, hmmmm!!!! ;-), Judy

Dec 15th, 2000, 11:02 AM
Dykester

Hey, I am a fat midwesterner and I resent the remark that I wear pastel jogging suits...mine are all tasteful dark colors with coordinated sneakers. I also am a member of the lesbian PC thought police and I will be coming for you soon. Get ready!

Dec 15th, 2000, 11:13 AM
Dr. Betty

For a shhhhhhh and a whisper your MESSAGE SURE IS LOUD. I was trying to have a nice relaxing day and it woke me up. I agree that we need to conjure up Stellarosa and beat him up a little more or tickle him 'till he cries. Perhaps you could create a LOUD Scotland post to catch his attention.

Hope you pink joggers get something new for the holidays.

Dr. Betty

Dec 15th, 2000, 11:16 AM
Old and retired

Now I am going to make everyone mad at me, but the travel thread "What do you see out of your window is boring." Why aren't you working, being productive? Well. I am not working because I am old, retired, but very much alive. I am looking out one window at an ocean view and other window a moutain view, but who cares. Please , no more of these "what are you doing" "what are you looking at?" I am going to tell your employer that you are goofing off.

Dec 15th, 2000, 11:35 AM
Notso TinyTim

Dear Old and "Very" Tired - put some polygrip on it dear. Someone your age should know by now that life isn't only about making a buck. Are you Scrooge's sister?

Dec 15th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Old and very alive

Hello, Not so Tiny Tim

I'm scrooge's brother.

Dec 15th, 2000, 11:51 AM
rand

To keep me from going insane during the dark cold months, I just picked up Frommers France 2001.

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:03 PM
Cindy

Yes, something definitely happened. Remember the "Big Brother" thread? I think that may have scared some people. Then the election distracted some more people, and now we are left gazing out our windows and reporting on the view. Maybe we need a thread like "What's in your navel right this minute?"

Clara, Merc, Legend, Mole people, are you out there?

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:08 PM
april

Sorry not to have written for awhile, but I do have a job, family, friends, Christmas parties to attend and general gossip at work to deal with, so I have been busy...
If someone could come up with an interesting thread I think we would all happily join in.

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:25 PM
D.B.

The mole people are very offended because of their complete disenfranchisement during the past election. I have heard they are engaging in a work slow-down, and therefore the pink jogging suites they manufacture will be in very short supply this coming spring. Distributors have been trying to keep this quiet so as not to cause a market run, but the advertising boycott is also hurting some newspapers. Although all production facilities are located deep underneath New York City, the mid-west is the hotbed for distribution and sales. It is being predicted that mid-west travelers to Europe may actually have to begin wearing corduroy.

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:31 PM
Irma laDouche

I had a pink suite once at the Flamingo Hilton in Las Vegas...it was pretty cool as it matched my jogging suit.

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:31 PM
Thisis

shhh asked for it: Saw in the news today -- but didn't see it on the board -- that Southwest airlines was not wrong in requiring a 300 pound passenger to pay for a separate seat. Anyone else see this?

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:41 PM
rand

Last week the Federal Transportation Agency in Canada produced a statement that all airlines flying in Canada must provide a second seat FREE to anybody who does not fit into one seat. Currently they charge 1/2 price for a second. The ruling stated that obiesity is a handicap the same as any other. Air Canada replied that if they have to give away 25% of their seats free, the price of a seat just went up 25%. So now we have skinny people subsidising fat people (oops I meant handicapped).

Dec 15th, 2000, 12:52 PM
heather

To "smellasnob": I may be a snob, but at least I am not a coward who hides behind the anonymity of a travel message board to vent my inadequacies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO