Reload this Page >

Heidelberg Hotel- old section- ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:51 PM
Anne

I am having a great deal of trouble finding a hotel in Heidleberg. Maybe I am starting late. going in July. <BR>Want to spend around $90-120.00/night. We need two rooms as we will be with our children. <BR>PPPPPPlease any ideas????

Old May 22nd, 2001, 03:30 PM
joann

We stayed at the Renaissance Heidelberg, a very nice hotel that I believe was around $110 a night but this was last October.You'll find them at www.marriott.com. The great thing about it was that the Lufthansa bus from Frankfurt airport stops there! It was about $17 per person one way - about an hour trip I think. Check bestwestern.com - they may have something in the area.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:00 PM
Celeste

I stayed at a lovely old hotel right at the Alt Brucke (Old Bridge) towers called Goldener Hecht. We had a very small double room and bathroom for DM140 (about $66) per night. There were only two small double rooms available; I think there were about 10 more, larger, slightly more expensive room. <BR> <BR>The hotel was charming and the staff very nice. I found it through the Heidelberg tourist bureau on the internet.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:00 PM
Joanne

We will be in Heidelberg at the end of July. We easily found a hotel at the Holiday Inn there. I know from being in Europe last year that the Holiday Inns are generally nicer (they have "Garden courts") than the states and are comparably priced.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:13 PM
Melissa

I stayed in a spacious room in <BR>Alt Heidelberg das Hotel <BR>Rohrbacher Strasse 29 <BR>6900 Heidelberg 1 <BR>Tel 062 21 9150 Fax 062 21 16 4272 <BR> <BR>It was in that price range and very clean, with English speaking staff.

Old May 24th, 2001, 03:00 AM
Stacey

Anne - July is really busy in Heidelberg. I just booked a room at the Best Western Alt Heidelberg for the last two weeks in July. Sometimes calling the hotels directly is better than using a reservation system. I was only able to get half the nights through the 800 number, but called direct and got the rest. The Convention & Visitor's Bureau can help you book if you need it - fromthe US -011-49-6221-142-224. <BR>The last week in July is really tough because there is a Formula One race in nearby Hockenheim, prices for hotels can double and be really hard to find. <BR>Please feel free to email me directly with any other questions.