Reload this Page >

Cheap Hotels in Rome

Search

Cheap Hotels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 08:59 AM
Shannon

Cheap Hotels in Rome

My husband and I are trying to make it to Rome, but we are on a strict budget. We are looking for a hotel for under $75.00 a night. We don't mind it being small and we don't need much - as long as its CLEAN. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance! <BR>

Old May 21st, 2001, 02:18 PM
Maureen

Shannon, <BR>My husband and I are staying at Nardizzi Americana for $110.00 canadian a night in June we booked online www.bookeurohotels.co.uk give it a try and see what you think <BR>Maureen

Old May 21st, 2001, 03:11 PM
chris

I stayed at the Hotel Alimandi and it was very reasonable, clean, and about as close to the Vatican as you can get.

Old May 21st, 2001, 03:56 PM
Libbie

Shannon, how about a convent? That's where my husband and I are planning to stay in Rome -- it's a whole lot cheaper than any hotel and it might even be fun! There's a great website that lists them all. One is run by Irish sisters, and that's the one where we're going to try to stay. See http://www.santasusanna.org/html/lodging.html <BR> <BR>Libbie

Old May 21st, 2001, 06:48 PM
Capo

Shannon, we stayed at the Pensione Panda a couple months ago for four nights (I learned about it from someone else on this board who had stayed there.) It has a great location, on the Via della Croce near the Spanish Steps, and the price for that location is hard to beat: L120,000/night for a very clean double with a shared bath. The main drawback was that it was <I>very</I> small but, considering the price and location we thought it was a great value. <BR> <BR>http://www.hotelpandaparadise.com/

Old May 21st, 2001, 08:04 PM
gb

We stayed at a convent called Casa Beata Margherita Caini. It was in walking distance from the Vatican, in a quieter neighborhood, not far from a great shopping area, but a little hike to the subway. It was exceptionally clean, yet a little hospital like.The sisters were sweet, but spoke no English.The bathrooms were thoroughly modern. The cost was about 120,000 last summer for me, my husband and two daughters.

Old May 21st, 2001, 10:34 PM
yolyy

Hello: <BR>Last NOvember we stayed at Residenza San Pantaleon. It was a big room (#5, is the one on the pictures on their web page) for 4 persons, one king size bed and 2 singles, TV, The bathroom with shower. It was very basic but also very very clean. our room was facing the street and has a lot of sunlight. The price was 200,000 lire per night with breakfast. Doubles are around your budget. Is one-two blocks from piazza navona and one block from campo di fiori (in fact from our room we could see it). The bus stop is a couple steps . you make the reservation with credit card but have to pay in chash. Florian the housekeeper do not speak english but the managers (owners ?) do, most of the time they are in the residenza in the mornings for some time. They help you to do the reservation for tours, and can call the taxis for you ,Florian is not too much of a help, the only thing he can say when you aske him for directions is "mi dispiace ma non lo so" (I'm sorry but I don't know. The hotel is in the 4th floor, they have an elevator, slow but it works and only have 5 rooms <BR>two web page: <BR> http://atevo.bbchannel.com/bbc/p608676.asp <BR> <BR>http://www.residenzasanpantaleo.com/home-en.html <BR>

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:51 PM
Nellie

I stayed at the Convent of the Franciscan Sisters of Atonement they are of walking distance to the Vatican or you may take a bus. There are 5 sisters who speak english. Some of them are Americans and the others are Canadians. They only charged US$45 or US$55 (I'm not sure which is the right amt) last year at the peak of Jubilee 2000 celebration. Continental bfst is included. The rooms are small with shower only.

Old May 24th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Deanie

Shannon, take a look at hotelnavona.com. My nephew stayed there last week. He e-mailed me that it was nice, clean, and the location couldn't be beat. It's right between the Pantheon and the Piazza Navona.