heathrow to Glouster to Harrington Hall

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Brenda

heathrow to Glouster to Harrington Hall

Im travelling with my 2 children to London Willwe be able to make it to our hotel with ease using the Piccadilly line to our stop and then hotel?Children are 12 and 16 Roll on luggage and each of us will have a backpack Can you give me a direct route? Thanks Brenda

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Simone

It looks like a great location. There is a map of the area at --- http://www.smallandeleganthotels.com...ington_Map.htm --- that shows the tube stops and the hotel.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Ben Haines

The Piccadilly Line plunges underground a mile west of Gloucester Road. So with baggage, to minimise walks and stairs, you do well to take the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith, cross the platform to a District Line train, and carry on to Gloucester Road station. There you have one fairly short flight of stairs. You may walk to your hotel, or one of you may take a taxi and all the luggage while the rest walk unhampered.

I have on disc notes on what Fodors forum correspondents say their children have enjoyed in London: shall I copy it to you ? And has the 216-year old any particular tastes, hobbies, interests, or school subjects for study next semester ? London may well offer something special.
Welcome

Ben Haines

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Shelley

My family stayed at Harrington Hall last June and you will be very pleased with it! We did not take the tube in from Heathrow. (We rented a car at Heathrow and spent over a week in the Cotswolds first.) So I have no idea about hauling luggage around from airport to hotel, but can tell you that HH is two blocks from the Gloucester Road station, which we used often, and, following Ben Haines' directions, the stairs are minimal. The sidewalk traffic is light, so you should be able to negotiate it with your luggage. Enjoy your trip. I'm envious.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:30 PM
brenda

Thank you everyone for all your help. I will follow your suggestions.