Reload this Page >

Heathrow to Gatwick

Search

Heathrow to Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 01:33 PM
Jeff

Heathrow to Gatwick

I have a flight that arrives in Heathrow, then connects at Gatwick. Is there good/inexpensive/frequent transportation between the two airports? Thanks. Jeff

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Mike

For details of the connecting coach service between the two airports, go toBR>www.gobycoach.com<BR><BR>Steve

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Keith

There's a coach service which runs between the two. The general recommendation is that you allow about four hours between arrival at LHR and departure at LGW, though personally I would leave much more than that if I could, especially if you're travelling at peak times of the day (usually betweem 6am and 10am, and 4pm to 7pm.)<BR><BR>It's probably a bit late for you, but my own personal view is that unless there was a significant saving in cash or there was no alternative then I wouldn't do it. There's a number of reasons, the main ones being I have an incredible fear of missing flights, I hate the M25 like you wouldn't believe, and I can't stand travelling by coach.<BR><BR>Also, there's simply the hassle of getting from one airport to another in a rush to catch a flight.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:08 PM
ttt

topping for Rick

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Sue

I've done this 2 times, but it's been 4 yrs. ago, so don't know how up to date the info is, but here goes. There was a bus, something-Links (can't remember exact name), and it was free for those connecting to flights on same airline, ticketed together, necessitated by airline,etc. The first time we paid; they did not offer the info that it was free in those circumstances. You must, of course, show your ticket, etc., for the free service.<BR>Despite the haziness of my info, it would not be hard to find out about this service at the airport since it is well known, highly visible, etc. It was a fine ride, served complimentary coffee or tea!<BR><BR>I think the trip took less than an hour, but we were arriving at night via BA from Athens to LHR, leaving next am from LGW to USA, on BA, so time wasn't a real concern for us. <BR>By the way, we didn't have to handle our checked luggage either; it made the trip between the airports somehow or the other and miraculously was in PIT when we arrived home!