heard something about Heathrow

Apr 19th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

heard something about Heathrow

I have heard that if you are carrying more than one bag/suitcase/purse in Heathrow you will automatically be stopped as you are not allowed to carry more than one bag through the airport? Example- a purse & a carryon or a carryon & laptop? Or any other 2 things?
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:03 AM

You have picked up bits and pieces of info and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

You are limited to ONE item through security screening at every UK airport (not just Heathrow). You can carry more than one piece through the airport, and on to the plane - as long as everything fits inside one carry on-sized bag when you pass through security

So you can carry a laptop and/or purse - but they will have to fit inside your carry on . . . . .
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Actually if you read carefully, I didn't jump to any conclusions. I asked it it was true because I was skeptical as to the actual meaning of what I heard. Thanks for clarifying.
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM

OK - I probably should have said -

Someone told you that you are only allowed one item and will be stopped if you carry more. That "someone" has bits pieces of info but made a leap to the part about not being able walk around w/ more and being stopped . . . . .
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM

www.baa.com
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:42 AM

Just to add the one piece through security also applies if you connect through a UK airport EVEN if you stay airside
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:42 AM

Oh and that big bottle of Duty Free whisky you bought at JFK - it gets confiscated if you connect through UK airports
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

what you said makes a lot more sense than what I was told. I was told that my messnger bag should go in my carry on at all times in the airport & that I wouldn't even be able to get my husband (we are sharing a carryon) to pull the carryon while I carry my small bag/purse.
Either way- I'm sure there will be somethings along the way that I will have to "adjust" to & I figure if I go with the mind frame that I will have to be flexible & move some things around than it will probably make our trip a lot more enjoyable.
So many people say "you HAVE to do things THIS way" & then another person says "no you HAVE to do things THIS way."
I'll just stick to what British Airways tells me & follow it & hope for the best I guess. LOL
Apr 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

alanrow- thanks for the tip about the whiskey, although I'm not going through the US. Right from Calgary, Canada through London, onto Rome. But that is definitely something to remember as we are traveling though Heathrow.