Having trouble with tickets to Accademia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has this happened to anyone? I went to the website http://b-tickets.com/b-tickets/uffizi/default.aspx. I registered with the website then I selected Accademia. I wanted 6 tickets on July 6th at 4:30. All of this worked great. Then I added my credit card information on the next page (it reverted back to Italian). I clicked on the highlighted button (not sure what it said - in Italian). Next page - it stated Transaction cancelled. I thought I took to long to complete the transaction. I tried it again and noticed that the availability decreased by my 6 from the 1st time. Alittle worried but added my credit info again. It stated Transaction cancelled. Has anyone purchased on line recently? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:36 PM

Did you call your bank to authorize a charge from Italy? Neither of the banks that issue my credit cards will process a charge from Italy unless I call first.

Even if you've done that, I have heard of many people having trouble with b-ticket lately---sometimes even if the charge goes through the person never gets a confirming e-mail.

It is really simple to call and make the reservaton that way. That's what we did.
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
ira

Hi R,

A: Try the official Uffizi/Accademia website
http://www.uffizi.com/online-ticket-...zi-gallery.asp and/or
http://www.uffizi.com/accademia-gallery-florence.asp

B: Check with your CC company to see if you have been billed.

`
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM

You might also try booking through selectitaly.com.

It's a US-based agency, so if anything goes awry with your transaction, you have an 800# to call.
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. My credit card company called within 5 minutes of me buying my vatican tickets and I told them that I would be buying more tickets in Italy so I think that I am ok with that and I also checked my account and no transaction has hit it. I don't have an international calling plan on my cell so I was trying to avoid calling but I may have to. The tickets on the website that Ira mentioned are 32 euros higher due to a booking fee.

Thanks again
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM

Why don't you ask your hotel to book the tickets for you? You will pay when you pick them up on site