Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Have you used SleepinItaly.com for Rome apt?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I just discovered sleepinitaly.com after spending way too much time on trying to find an available hotel for our family of four in June (in the most sought after areas of course...Pantheon, P. Navona). I e-mailed them yesterday about availability on several apartments, but have not heard back. Do you know if they rent for only three nights in June? And has anyone ever stayed in "Piazza di Montevecchio," "Via Dell'Orso," "Via della Minerva," or "Le Rondini?" I still have a shot with one hotel, but it is at least 100 euros more expensive. Grazie!
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 05:29 AM

I used them. I found them great to work with. They do rent for less than a week. You will deal with both sleepinitaly and the actual apartment owner. Sorry, don't know about your specific choices.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 05:45 AM

Sleepinitaly is used by a fair number of people over on www.slowtrav.com.

You might find reviews of one or two of the apartments you are considering in their vacation rental reviews.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both Catbert and Eloise! I did check out Slowtrav and it is very helpful...just waiting to hear back now!
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 07:36 AM

Guanciale: Last November we booked a Campo de' Fiori area apt. through them for our first ever trip to Rome (and Italy) next month. They were very responsive and professional and we are very happy and excited about the location. "Piazza di Montevecchio" was on our short list. If you are going during a peak season, my advice is to book early, as we missed out on our first choice in the course of deciding over a couple of days.

With 3 travelers, the apt. was more economical and fit our needs better than a hotel.

My only very minor issue was putting down a non-refunded depost of 10% of the total cost of the stay. (I assume this policy applies to all their listings, but you should verify that.) While I understand the need, the only other accomodation in Italy we booked that required deposits offered a schedule of refunds if you cancelled early enough. So if you are prone to changing your mind, take this into consideration.

We will certainly be posting a trip report with details about the apt. in early May after our return.

BTW: if you search for "sleepinitaly" in this forum you will get plenty of posts. Another suggestion is if you find an apt you are interested in, search for that name here, or on the internet for additional info - that was a deciding factor for us when we read a glowing review of our apt.

Good luck - Jagremere