Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used the booking service Galahotels.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 06:08 AM
jdt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to Ireland and are booking a hotel in Dublin (the Harding Hotel). We've found significantly discounted rates for the hotel on galahotels.com. Has anyone used this booking service before and do they provide a satisfactory service? Jim
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 07:56 AM

many times. I used to find greater rate differences than lately but I always check them, too, as for some reason they do come up wit some great deals that better the hotel website by a lot.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 12:21 AM

ttt
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 03:51 PM

sorry..misread the site name. i thought it was www.gtahotels.com
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Here's a TripAdvisor thread:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...ome_Lazio.html
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 05:39 AM
jdt
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I found a few individuals who had positive experiences with Galahotels at this and other websites and many people who were apprehensive about using them because they were so relatively unknown. I am going to reserve my opinion of them until I know more. Again, many thanks for your replies.
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 05:28 AM

Sorry for late answer, but I made booking several times with Galahotels and never lived any problem. The rates were very good thats why I was suspicious at the beginning. But everything was fine in my reservations. I wanted to share my experiences. Have a nice day.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM

Be careful with this site!!!!! My experience: I booked a room at Best Western in Bordeaux for last weekend (12 Oct) on 19 September through Gala after carrying out a web search of available deals: it was just impossible to find a room there. But Gala was offering me different choices. I booked two double rooms. The conditions for cancelation: I should notify 3 days before arrival without charge.
On September 22 I received a telephone call from a hidden phone number. I was told that they were calling from Turkey. I was told that, unfortunately, they couldn’t offer the rooms, but that they had another hotel to offer me. That they would send a letter with the details. The mail was received on the 23rd. I didn’t like the hotel and wrote them to cancel the reservation. Another mail was received on the 24th: “We cancelled your reservation. You will get a full refund for it. Please take note that this process can take up to 21 working days for verification. We apologize for the inconvenience”. I didn’t understand at that moment what they meant with the “verification”. But I immediately understood it: my VISA had already been charged (€1,072.10) on the 22nd, the same day they were telling me that they were not able to offer the service required. I was supposed not be charged in advance (I didn’t see anywhere this) and they were telling me that they needed 21 working days to give my money back.
Today, October 22nd, the money has not been returned yet. Is it so easy to steal the money?
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:10 AM

This exact same thing has just happened to me. Booked the Hilton Manchester. Got the confirmation and booking guarantee only to get an email saying they can no longer offer the room at that price and offering a refund. But the refund will take up to 21 days. Please avoid Gala like the plague
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:52 AM

Thanks for the warning. I have from time to time gotten emails from Galahotels, but my email provider tags it as Spam, so I always delete it. Sounds like that's the best thing to do!