Reload this Page >

Booking hotels through websites

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Beth

Has anyone used needahotel.com or online.allrez.com. Looking for hotels in Venice, Brussels and London. Haven't found any posting about them good or bad. You pay on confirming reservation like expedia or travelocity but they have more options. Don't know with companies coming and going if they are reputible.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:24 PM
bettyk

Beth, not familiar with the sites you listed. However, I recently used londontown.com to book our hotel in London and was really pleased with the deal we got. Paid the hotel directly when we checked out.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Wayne

If this is one of those travel services that will get you a low price but won't tell you which hotel or where it's located in the city, and they make you pay ahead of time before telling you, I'd say avoid it. There are plenty of web resources available for finding good bargains in hotels without the suspense of not knowing what you will get, especially on what should be a special trip like a trip to Europe.

Old May 29th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Beth

Thanks for the replies I will check out the londontown site another one I haven't seen yet.<BR>One of these sites came from a link for hotel bookings off Ryanair.com a good rate intercountry airline that was recommneded by this chat site. The second one is also a link off something. They list the hotel details etc. but I was just feeling a pang of caution about the prepayment from a site I haven't heard of. I have been looking at so many sites I have started a small book trying to keep track.

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Beth

Thanks for the replies I will check out the londontown site another one I haven't seen yet.<BR>One of these sites came from a link for hotel bookings off Ryanair.com a good rate intercountry airline that was recommneded by this chat site. The second one is also a link off something. They list the hotel details etc. but I was just feeling a pang of caution about the prepayment from a site I haven't heard of. I have been looking at so many sites I have started a small book trying to keep track.

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Marj

I've never used those but have booked directly with european hotels via their email. The usually request a credit card number to hold the reservation but don't charge until you arrive. This way you can also make special requests about room size, location, etc.

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:24 PM
ukexpat

I have used expedia a lot. If they have the hotel you want (sometimes it's just the bigger hotels) I'd use them. Have booked airfare and hotels without a problem.

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Gavin

I would be cautious about prepaying (not just giving a credit card number to reserve) a hotel room since you then have limited bargaining power if the room is not satisfactory.

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:35 PM
bettyk

One other thing I liked about londontown.com -- we could cancel the reservation anytime up to 48 hours prior to our arrival date without any charge whatsoever. This isn't always the case with other booking services. You should always read the fine print before giving them your credit card number. I also reconfirmed our reservation directly with the hotel 2 weeks before our arrival.