Has anyone used "Apartments-For-Rent.Com"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used Apartments-For-Rent.Com? I am wanting to rent an apartment in Amsterdam for a week in July and they seem to have a great selection there. They are owned by a Swiss company, but have apartments for offer all over, including Amsterdam, London, Paris, Rome, New York and many other locations around the world.

If you have used them or know anything about them, I would appreciate your thoughts.

One thing that makes me nervous is their availability search. I can search for any day from now to September and their entire inventory in Amsterdam comes back available. Then when you go to request the apartment, you are told that final availability has to be confirmed with the owner. That sounds a bit fishy to me, but if that is their only issue, I guess they are otherwise OK. They seem to be used by a number of Fortune 100 companies, so they sound reputable.

Let me know if any of you know anything.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

If anyone has used them, let me know, as I found an apartment I want to rent (if it is available). Here's their website: www.apartments-for-rent.com.

They have a nice feature of meeting you at the airport and giving you a ride to your apartment, saving you a taxi fare.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

topping this one last time to see if anyone knows anything.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Original Poster

Well, I may have answered my own question. I have sent two emails over two days to this company and received no response. Just sent my third, and will give up if they don't respond this time.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

OK, no responses. So let me add one.

Don't even try. I don't know if the company is out of business or what, but after 5-6 emails, reservation requests and follow ups from both my home and office computers, no response whatsoever. It's as if they aren't there.

Don't waste your time with this company, certainly don't wait on a reply. It won't come.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM

If you really want one of the apts. they list, why don't you call them just in case they are not receiving your emails for some strange reason.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Believe me, I thought about that. But there is nowhere on their website that lists a phone number -- in Amsterdam or anywhere.

Obviously a company that doesn't want to do business.