Search

Has anyone stayed this app't in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone stayed this app't in Paris?

It is #774 on www.parisattitude.com .

I am looking for a two bedroom in this price range and have searched all on this site. Just wondering if you have stayed here or have experience w/this company.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 09:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
or any good 2 bedroom not tres cher.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM
cw

I think there have been comments on this agency. Maybe a search will pick them up.

I think the agency fee (30%) and the security deposit (equal to the rent) are steep. And it seems as though you deal with both the agency and the owner. I'd find out who is the on-site person if help is needed.

Have you looked at the Paris apartment thread?

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35159017

We liked www.parisianflat.com and when you add in Paris attitude fee, they are not too much more expensive. Others have been successful using www.vacationinparis.com.

Two good sources are parisvacationapartments.com and parisperfect.com but I think they're over your budget.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM

I don't know this specific apartment, but I had a very good experience dealing with Paris Attitude over the fall, leading up to our trip to Paris earlier this month. The agent, Dorothea, was very helpful and answered all my questions. (I had neved rented an apt. abroad before.) Once she received our initial payment, she gave me the contact info for the landlady, and I corresponded with her several times. She was also very helpful. We (family of 4) found our apt. to be perfect for us (but probably not for everyone - 5th fl. walk up!) The apt. was exactly as depicted on the web site. I could not have been more satisfied with the entire experience with Paris Attitude and the apt. itself (#1749 - it's a 1 bedroom)
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Thank you cw and LOJO.

LOJO, how did you send the initial payment? Was the final payment due on arrival? Do they take credit cards?
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 03:33 PM

gomiki,

Paris Attitude takes payment of the agency fee by paypal, credit card, wire transfer, certified check or money order. We used paypal. We paid 50% of the rent directly to the apt. owner by wire transfer, but this can also be done by travelers checks. On arrival at the apt. we paid the balance of the rent in cash, as well as a security deposit equal to the rent. The web site says payments to the owner (rent and security dep.) can be paid by wire, check in euros, Travelers Checks and "sometimes" credit card). Check out the "Terms and Conditions" section of the Paris Attitude website for more info.

I felt the instructions given to us by the agency for the financial transactions and completion of the documents were very clear and easy to follow. Dorothee sent copies of the lease and other documents in English and in French, and she readily answered any questions I had (via email).

Hope this is helpful.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

LOJO, Thank you for the detailed info. I did not read the details about the security deposit. That's hefty! How did you get it back and how long did it take?
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM

gomiki,

When we left the apartment on the last day, the owner handed us the envelope with the cash in it that we had given her on the first day. No waiting at all!
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

LOJO, you are so kind! Was this American money or Euros? Sorry to ask so many questions but I have never rented an apt before. Credit cards make it so easy!
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM

gomiki, I am happy to answer your questions, because it was all very daunting to me a few months ago so I am glad to be able to pass on some info which will help someone else. However, I think different owners may handle the deposit in different ways. I can only tell you how it worked for us, with this particular owner.

The deposit was in euros. (We spent some of it on a really nice brunch the last day, and on transportation back to the airport. Having left over euros was not a problem for us because one of our daughters is traveling again soon and can use them.)

There is another thread on this site about asking a landlord to take a deposit in dollars. You can read about the various opinions on that! (Sorry I can't tell you how to find it; my searches on this site are largely unsuccessful! It was sometime over the past week, and I think it was about Rome, not Paris, but the concept was the same.)

Old Jan 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

LOJO, Well, that's good information and food for thought. I don't know what I would do w/that much in Euros. In an envelope .. LOL! And no future plans.

Thank you so much.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 12:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I have no personal experience with this apartment or agency, but did you notice that ladder going up to the mezzanine bedroom?
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 04:09 AM
cw

Gomiki,

Some owners/agencies will accept a security deposit with your credit card. It's nice to do it that way because of the convenience and the ability to dispute any charges if there is a later disagreement.

In my two rentals, it was done this way and I had no problems whatsoever.

I didn't notice the ladder that Nikki pointed out. That would be a consideration for me but I don't know the number of people in your group.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 04:22 AM

Cecile, no advertising on the forums...