Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Pauillac apt from Paris Perfect?

Aug 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

My wife and I are planning a trip to France with our granddaughter next summer and are thinking of staying in Paris Perfect's Pauillac apartment during the Paris portion of our trip. If anyone has stayed there recently we would love to hear what your experience was like. We had a great time in Paris in 2004 with our older granddaughter and are really looking forward to our second trip. Thanks in advance for any information you can give us .
Aug 8th, 2010, 02:28 PM

I have not stayed in the Pauillac, but I am familiar with it. I have stayed in a great many Paris Perfect apartments.

If you would like to contact me at my [email protected] address I would be happy to be of whatever help to you.

Joan

Joan
Aug 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Yes John, my husband & I stayed in Paulliac for a week in May 2009. It is simply a beautiful apartment - very elegant furnishings, exceptionally nice bathrooms, all with the ParisPerfect touch. It is ideally located on a quiet side street off rue St. Dominique in a lovely building. We've stayed in several PP apts over the years, and wound up in Paulliac last May when a plumbing problem forced us out of our original 1 bedroom. This turned out to be a fortunate turn of events for us, as Paulliac is a very special place. I don't know if this is of any importance to you, but note that the bathroom configuration is a little out of the ordinary (although not for Paris apts), as the ensuite bathroom does not have WC. Its companion WC is located near the kitchen. The second bathroom has all amenities. Let me know if you have any other questions. EJ
Aug 9th, 2010, 06:10 AM

Yes, elsiejune lucked out, in the end. That is what is nice about a Paris Perfect type. They have customer care at the top of the list. I once stayed in the beautiful two level, 3 bedroom Richebourg, all by myself. Very often, it might be a larger one that is available rather than a smaller one, too. This year might have been more difficult, as my understanding from friends is that Paris and London apartments are a scarcity, along with hotels.

Joan
Aug 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM

I did mean to reply to elsiejune's comment re WC's. These old buildings are built with one/two waste pipes. They cannot be changed. You are not able to put a wc wherever you want. It is almost as though you need to re-model around these wc locations. I was not aware of this for some time. I now know. I always tell friends to look at floor plans and not only bathrooms, but also wc's. Most Americans presume that a bathroom has a wc! Not at all true. Some are full baths, as thought by Americans. Some are what we call 1/2 half bath/powder rooms, some are shower, tub/shower, sinks, no wc..some are shower and sinks, no wc. It does pay to look at floor plans, and/or to ask spcifically how many baths, how many wc's..that way, no surprises!

Joan
Aug 9th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Is there a window in the master bedroom - the floor plan sort of shows a window but the pictures do not. Not a big deal but I'm just curious. Also, is there just the one small table on the balcony or are there two? If there is just one, would there somehow be a way for all 3 of us to squeeze in around it? We went ahead and booked it already (surprisingly enough we found one of the apartments we were looking at was already booked for the week we are going to be there). This apartment is kind of a splurge for us but it looks like we will enjoy it. Thanks again for the info.
Aug 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM

Yes, there is a window in the master bedroom..you can see it on the floorplan. It would be like the one in the guest bedroom that does show in a picture. I think you will find that there is just one small table on the balcony. You will probably figure a way to sit around it.
Yes, you will find that people do book way ahead for the apartment that they want. Some before they leave or soon after returning home. I am booked for November, next Spring and next fall. Need to get dates planned ahead. Have some dining reservations made for November.
With your reservations made, now you can work on other things. Planning is half the fun!

Joan
Aug 10th, 2010, 04:55 PM

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, John. There are windows in every room, except the ensuite bathroom and the stand alone WC w/sink near the kitchen. It's a beautiful place. EJ
Aug 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the information about the apartment - I know you're right EJ, I'm sure we will really enjoy it. I can't believe it but when we are there next summer, it will have been 7 years since the last time we were in Paris. We're going to spend the first week in Paris, then 4 or 5 days in Normandy (split between Etretat and Sully near Bayeux) and another 4 or 5 days in the Loire Valley (probably in or near Amboise). There's no doubt I'll have more questions as I get farther along with my planning - things like favorite restaurants/cafes, wine shops, etc. Like you said, Joan, now that the reservations are made I get do the fun part.
Feb 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM

Hi - I have another question about the apartment. Has anyone slept on the sofabed? Do you know if it is comfortable?
I like it that there is a curtain that goes around it and it can be closed off for privacy so that is a very good option for our group of 4 women.
Thanks!