Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at any of these Milan hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to decide between these: Starhotel Anderson, Hotel Terminal, Hotel Gran Duca di York or Top Hotel Liberty Milan. The Top Liberty and the Gran Duca I am having a hard time finding reviews for. The Terminal seems nice, and the Starhotel is definitely a safe bet - it is just more costly than the others and I wonder if it is worth it. Any input would help!
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

OK. How about the following hotels: Una Hotel Century, Grand Hotel Verdi, Hotel Ariosto, or the Madison Hotel. Has anyone stayed at any of the hotels I listed, or does anyone have any other hotel suggestions? I'm still looking for a clean hotel in Milan, preferably for under $150(US)/night, that is conveniently located to transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:47 AM

for the next visitors to milan, just came back from a weekend there.. stayed 2 nights at grand hotel verdi.. just my short comments on it.. we payed 115 euro a person for: 2 nights inclusive champagne breakfast, 1 three course dinner, 1 welcome drink, 48 hour metro/tram/bus ticket, nice guide book of milan.... so what did i think ? first the location, very reasonable, 2 minute step to tram (2 stops to subway, which will take you very quickly into town), and walking distance from nightime going out area with a lot of pubs. Rooms: very charming (much nicer than the reception), comfortable, clean. Reception: some very nice and helpful, one a cross between sleepy and grumpy (though he was not that bad.. just me overexaggerating). Breakfast: fantastic, a large selection of fresh fruits and many other yummies. Dinner: i didn't like it, but the service was very friendly... so up or down ? definitely up...
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:54 AM

Where is it in Milan?

Did you have to take the package with dinner to get the rate?
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 03:39 AM

slightly nord of the centre. but from there it's a quite easy reach to other places in milan
115 euro per persoon was for all together, so i don't know for the room only...google the name, and you'll find the hotel's website.. from there you can search their rates... but i think the package is like equal to their cheapest rates room and breakfast only, so i would definitely go again for it... who knows, when you go, the dinner menu might be better..
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 04:52 AM

I stayed at the UNA Century last Christmas. It is walking distance from Centrale, so if that's the area you want. Very spacious and modern-looking mini-suites - I believe all rooms are like that. No problem recommending it.