Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard/stayed at these hotels in Paris: Hotel Au Manoir St. Germain des Pres or Hotel Left Bank St. Germain

Search

Has anyone heard/stayed at these hotels in Paris: Hotel Au Manoir St. Germain des Pres or Hotel Left Bank St. Germain

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Catherine

First of all, I am not impressed with the desk staff. I emailed the hotel if they offer any summer discounts and the clerk affirms they do have discounts. He didn't specify what they are so I sent an email three days ago and haven't heard back-would they be so busy?<BR><BR>Seems like they don't have much good service and we were planning on staying there. Maybe we should change plans? They advertise on a website their hotel along with another one, Hotel Left Bank St. Germain. Is Hotel Left Bank St. Germain alot better? Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Christina

I don't know, I would expect a response within 3 days from a hotel and they should have told you the discounts in the first email. I can tell you what they probably are, though, which is around 20 pct if it's the same as their Nov-Dec discount. That's pretty good (ie, the superior double at 206 euro goes for 168 euro in discount period).<BR><BR>A lot of people find it convenient to book those hotels because they are both Best Western, so all you have to do is call their 800 number. They should have the same rates as direct booking, but you can compare (they are also on www.pariserve.tm.fr which shows discounts).

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Christina

oh BTW, summer discounts vary quite a bit over various hotels as to the time period, so you will need to verify that (which may be what you wanted to know). A lot of hotels only have them in August, others part (usually last 2 weeks) or all of July.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Catherine

Christina, thank you for giving me an idea about their discounts. In fact, I have not received any reply from the Hotel Au Manoir. I didn't make it clear the first time that that's the hotel that didn't reply. <BR><BR>I will scratch them off my prospective list as I find that to be a lack of customer service. There are many other nice hotels around the same area anyway. I have heard from Hotel Left Bank St. Germain and find they are helpful plus they are very prompt in replying also. I think this one looks even more central than Au Manoir anyway.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Patrick

I have stayed at a number of hotels in the 6th during August, but have yet to find any special price for that period, despite it being the &quot;off season&quot;. In fact, I once stayed at Hotel Left Bank for two weeks in June and before leaving booked it for a few days in August before returning home. I asked there if I could get a discount for August, and still didn't get one. In fact, I was lucky to reserve one of the few still available rooms about two months ahead. August was not a slow month for them. <BR><BR> I only stay at air-conditioned hotels, though, maybe those without air would discount their rooms.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Catherine

Patrick, I checked w/Hotel Left Bank &amp; they can give a discount during mid-July to August.