Harrod's for Theater Tickets?

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 04:55 AM
Judy

Harrod's for Theater Tickets?

Hello All, I heard it through the grapevine somewhere(not sure where), that you can buy hard to get theater tickets at Harrod's(supposedly buys blocks of them). Does anyone know if this is correct? Just curious! Judy

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 05:36 AM
ellie

We purchased theater tickets at Harrods two years ago. No bargain, to be sure, but it was convenient for us to do so at the time. The ticket counter is located in the basement level - near the currency exchange. The clerk was very helpful and provided us with seating charts of each theater and made good suggestions for comfortable seating locations at various prices. We walked away with tickets to two plays. One of our party decided against using her ticket for one of the shows and we were able to sell it back at the full face value at the ticket window of the theater on the day of the performance.
You pay some sort of premium to Harrods - but we felt it was worth it in terms of the time and effort we saved by buying through them. Not sure if they actually buy up blocks of tickets, though, seems to me they accessed information on availability on a computer as you would see dealing with a ticketmaster type outfit here in the states.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 05:52 AM
Judy

Thanks Ellie, I was thinking about getting tkts for Mamma Mia....this should help me with my plans! Judy

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:08 AM
Lori

Depending upon how far you plan in advance there are several good ticket agencies and you can buy on line. I always use TicketmasterUK and have gotten excellent seats for all shows (including twice for Mamma Mia) but I do plan way in advance. First Call Tickets and Albemarle are two others (Albermarle has good seating charts as well). Global Tickets (Edwards & Edwards) is another.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:40 AM
Judy

Hi Lori, I did buy tkts on line-to TLK and Witches....I am hoping to get my husband to agree to "one more play"...he thinks 2 are enough,,,,,I just hope I can wheedle another play...and the Harrods ticket counter seems like a good place to go...for hard to get tkts....I also have 80 gbp gift cert. at Harrods. I am keeping an open mind here... Thanks for the info, though. Judy

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 07:56 AM
Lori

Judy,
Lucky you with the Harrod's gift certificate!!!! I'm so jealous! If Harrod's has Mamma Mia tickets go for it, utterly delightful show! As for some of the other long running shows (Les Mis, Buddy, Starlight Express, etc.) you probably can get tickets fairly easily at the 1/2 price booth in Leicester Sq. or at the box office so I would not squander my Harrod's gift cert. on them should you decide on one of them for a 3rd show. We'll be seeing Witches in April - anyone out there who has seen it lately - if so what did you think?

Enjoy your trip and the shows (and I am pretty sure your husband will enjoy a third show as much as two - my husband always does!)