Reload this Page >

Happy Halloween!!!

Search

Happy Halloween!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:32 AM
Vita

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween, all! This is one of my most favorite holidays and I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I have enjoyed this site so much. I can't afford to travel as much as I'd like, and reading your posts are the next best thing. Cheers!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:38 AM
Helen Donegan

The same to you Vita, <BR>I love halloween too - it is a lovely autumn evening in Umbria and tomorrow is a holiday!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:47 AM
thanks!

Happy Halloween to you too! Is anyone dressed in costume today? Any funny costumes seen? One of my colleagues is wearing Billy Bob type teeth and a slinky satin outfit.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:48 AM
cdf

It is Halloween morning in northern NJ and cloudy but it doesn't matter, the trees are such beautiful colors~Everytime someone walks by the house you can hear the leaves on the ground rustling, the kids didn't do too much damage last night on their annual let's be vandals night-better known around here as mischief night.I am hoping the little ones will be able to do their trick or treating tonight,they are always sooo cute.My son lives in Japan and he said they just had the last of the school Halloween parties, the little ones are learning about it for the first time, he says they are so cute and love to be scared by the teachers in their costumes~Happy Hallowen to you all ~C

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:50 AM
Judy

Hi Vita! Happy halloween to you too! There will be a gorgeous full moon tonight. I may have to Howl away! <BR>Judy ooooooo

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:59 AM
dan woodlief

Happy Halloween from me too. Looking forward to taking the little one out tonight. Luckily the weather has warmed from the 30s of the past few evenings. She is dressed as one of the dragons from "Dragon Tales" today. Let me tell you the little one has long been known for having a ferocious roar, so the dragon costume fits. Another kid was dressed as a knight today, and they just stood there looking at each other. I told the teachers that "dragons and knights don't get along too well."

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:04 AM
Joanne

Happy All Hallows Eve! <BR> <BR>No costume parade this year at school. My grandson is now in middle school and too old for that sort of thing. Frankly I'll miss it. Loved seeing his classmates and how clever some of the costumes were. <BR> <BR>Time marches on. <BR> <BR>j

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:07 AM
Al Godon

People seem to think I am Halloween costume when I dress normally. <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:07 AM
Laura

Happy Halloween from Michigan! It is cold and windy here...I think it will be a perfect night for all the trick or treaters. <BR> <BR>By the way, we paid $.93 a gallon for gas yesterday at Costco. <BR> <BR>Dan, have you gone on your trip yet?

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:08 AM

This is too much fun to read - Happy Halloween - and cdf and Dan, SO CUTE!!!! Thanks for sharing and putting a good light on my day!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:08 AM
Laura

Never mind, Dan, I see you have posted your trip report! Going to read it now....

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 07:34 AM
cheryl

Happy Halloween from Lancaster, PA. <BR>Can't find my Halloween patterns to carve my pumpkins! Will make me howl! <BR>Hope you all great a treat!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 08:17 AM
Arabella

Happy Halloween! We're enjoying ANOTHER gorgeous sunny autumn day here in North Carolina. With the full moon, I'm sure The Great Pumpkin will appear tonight.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 08:22 AM
Thyra

Happy Halloween to one and all from Hollywood!!! Where the scariest beings that come knocking on my door are out of work actors!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 08:26 AM
Book Chick

I heard that it's the first time in more than 40 years that Halloween has fallen on the night of a full moon!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 09:34 AM
Annette

Happy Halloween to Fodors Europe Forum readers!!! <BR> <BR>We've got a box of 100 Jolly Rancher lollipops in grape, cherry and green apple flavors, with probably about 75 suckers left. You wouldn't believe how great tasting these Jolly Ranchers on a stick are and big, too! <BR> <BR>Our mini-patch produced one huge ol' pumpkin and this afternoon we'll just carve a big, goofy jack o'latern instead of doing something with the fancy carving kit. <BR> <BR>Yesterday I substitute taught 1st grade (6 and 7 yer olds) and the children are excited for tonight!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 09:53 AM
Liam

Happy Halloween from Boston. Nearby Salem (i.e. "Witch City") is all festooned for another ghoulish day. Leaving work early to take my 3 year old trick or treating. She is dressing as "Madeline" this year. <BR> <BR>No costumes seen yet, although every year I remember the best costume I ever saw. It was 1994 or 1995 and I saw two men in Boston's South End neighborhood (predominantly gay part of town) dressed as Holly Hunter and Anna Paquin from "The Piano" (big black hoop skirts, very starched looking, black hair pulled back in a tight bun). Amazingly authentic.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:06 AM
minbrooklyn

Happy Halloween from Brooklyn, NY. Sorry to say it's overcast here, but not very cold. Just got back from a weekend trip up north of the city, saw all the beautiful foliage. Today I'm making brioche. All that butter the recipe called for was pretty scary, ha. <BR> <BR>Re: the full moon, won't be another on Halloween until 2020. Have a good one, everyone.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:42 AM
Mari

The party's over-all of them,thankfully. I work in a school where one classroom runs into another - no walls. So, it was one Halloween celebration spilling over into another! Great fun and lots of laughs - children are wonderful- delighted and excited. <BR>Happy Halloween!

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 10:57 AM
Lori

Just back from Paris, Halloween is actually in vouge there. I believe to quote its "Bon Horriffic" or "Bon Terrible". <BR>Hope this brings a smile!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -