Hampton Court Garden Show?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're arriving in London from Ireland late on July 12. I've found a glancing reference to the Hampton Court Garden Show, and it sounds like it will be finishing up that weekend. I've tried "googling" to get more info, and still couldn't get the details I needed. We'd love to go on Sunday the 13th or Monday the 14th if possible. Does anyone have any more information or suggestions for how we could find out about times/costs/tickets?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 10:22 AM

try this site www.rhs.org.uk/hamptoncourt/2003/index.asp

it is a FABULOUS show - but some days (especially Sat/Sun) book up ahead fo time so you'd better get on it right away.

I actually enjoy it as much or more than Chelsea . . . .
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Janis!!!! It sounds wonderful! It looks like I can get tickets on-line and pick them up when we get there. We've just started growing roses, and are contemplating a water garden, so this should be a terrific place to get ideas - or at least dream a little!

Do you know if it's also possible to see Hampton Court during the show? If so, is it included in the show ticket or would it be separate?

We'll be staying near London University in Bloomsbury. Any suggestions on the best way to get out to Hampton Court and the approximate time it would take? I thought we might take the train out, but wondered if it was possible to come back into town on one of the river cruises.

Old Jun 21st, 2003, 06:29 PM

Yes - you can tour the Palace during the Flower show. I am not sure about there being combo tickets though since I have never done both on the same day. I have been to HCP many times, but the 2 times I've gone to the flower show, that is all I did and I used RHS membership to get in.

I would "guess" that flower show tix get you in to the Palace as well - but maybe someone else has a definite answer for you.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you again, Janis. We have tickets to the Hampton Court Garden show! The website you gave was really helpful and I'm so glad we'll have a chance to see this!

We'll also follow the advice you gave on the river cruise thread, and take the train out and the boat back. Should be a lovely day!!!!
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:06 AM

Get the tube(Northern Line) from Tottenham Court Road Station to Waterloo Underground Station,then get the regular South West Train service from Waterloo Mainline Station to Hampton Court Station. Hampton Court is a three minute walk across the bridge.