Search

Half Board??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Gerry K

Half Board??

In checking the rates at an Italian hotel moments ago, I noticed there are, "Half Board" rates. Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly is half board?<BR><BR>Gerry K

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:16 PM
xxx

Half board means that breakfast and dinner would be included with your lodgings.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:24 PM
MamaMia

That means you take two meals at the hotel - usually breakfast and dinner, but sometimes lunch and dinner or breakfast and lunch (best to sort that out before you commit).<BR><BR><BR>It's a holdover from the times when people traveled by stagecoach through Europe and were forced to eat at the same establishments they were staying at.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:14 PM
xxx

Since you posted this a couple of days ago and several of us took the time to answer you, it would have been nice if you had taken the time to scroll down the messages and found your original post and answers instead of just posting the same question again. Now if you don't look at this for a couple more days, are you just going to repost your question again a third time?

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Gerry K

Dear XXX,<BR><BR>Under no circumstances did I post this before. Period.<BR><BR>Many thanks to those of you who replied.<BR><BR>Gerry K

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:40 AM
xxx

Sorry if you didn't post before. There was one worded just like it only a few days ago, but I did not go down the list to find it. But I easily found a couple of others answering the question which I've topped.