Guide recommendations for Uffizi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm considering getting a guide for our visit to the Uffizi on an early Sunday morning in June (our only free day to visit). I'm thinking we'll get more out of it with a guide to take us to the prime pieces and provide some history rather than just wandering on our own. Are the little placards next to each piece in Italian only, or might some be in English? Not a fan of programmed audio guides - we do better with a live person OR just reading the placards on our own.

If anyone has a guide they recommend, please advise. We'd prefer a smaller group but likely cannot afford a private or perhaps even semi-private tour. Also concerned that some of the third party sites end up cancelling last minute, but it seems the Uffizi does not have their own live guide options, just audio. If you've had an entertaining and reliable guide who is entertaining and speaks clearly, would love to get your input. Ideally we'd love a guide to show us the important pieces, then have time after the tour to wander on our own.
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 04:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We had a good experience in Florence with ArtViva.
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll second ArtViva. They keep groups on the smaller side rather than being herded along with 100 other people. Office/meeting point is right next to the museum and guide was excellent. Also had a short-notice change of plans because of weather forecast so changed our days around and they were accommodating.