Guide in Budapest

Search

Guide in Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guide in Budapest

I just returned from a 10 day trip from Budapest to Vienna and then Prague.
We took a train to Vienna and a bus to Prague. During our stay in Budapest we had an excellent guide, Peter Polczman. Find him at:
[email protected] +36-209-260-557
There were two of us and we spent a very long morning with him for 90 Euros, which I thought was a major bargain. Anna
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 02:18 PM

I just returned from Budapest and Peter Polczman was our guide, providing two ½ day tours: one in Pest and the other in Buda. I highly recommend Peter. He is extremely knowledeable about history, culture and the city. I also recommend splitting up the tour into two days like we did. There is a lot of area and information to cover, so making it a one day tour would have been overwhelming.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 07:26 AM

I sent an inquiry to Peter's email you mentioned and it was bounced back as "Domain name not found". Is it possible it's not correct or the spelling is off?

Thanks,

Woodfield

[email protected]
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM

I wanted to add a guide's name: Gabriella Torok, www.privatetoursbudapest.com. Spent two 1/2 days--she was great resource: knew so much, told us a lot about her life (childhood under soviet period), her family's experience during WW2. We saw a really broad range of things: parks, baths, public transit, public art, covered market, all the regular things as well. Thought price was very reasonable (rates are on her site--forget offhand what they were)
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 09:13 AM

FWIW We did two of the Free Budapest Walking Tours, one general tour to get acquainted with each side of the city and the Walking tour of the Jewish Quarter which included a stop at one of the ruined pubs. The beers were not free, but the tours are very well run and given ion Englsih with some amount of the history of the city, suggestions of which bath the guides think are good, varieties of food to try, and even a little lesson in Magyar. etc, etc. Very nice.

Pjk