Guide for Musee d'Orsay

Search

Guide for Musee d'Orsay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guide for Musee d'Orsay

I'd like to make the Musee d'Orsay more enjoyable for my kids, and I think hiring a guide might be just the ticket. Does anyone know of a good guide I might be able to hire? Thanks.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 08:07 AM

The large museums in Paris offer guided tours, but I'm sure you could arrange at the museum for a private guide.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Michael Ozman is great with Children
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Michael Osman
American artist living in Paris. Offers guided tours of Paris with an emphasis on the arts. Wander Paris like a Parisian! Visit his website for more information: www.geocities.com/parisfinder/
email: [email protected]

sorry mispelled his name Osman
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 08:27 AM
tod

Hi,
Don't be dissappointed if you get "No reply" when emailing Osman. I sent him an email 2 weeks ago and so far - nothing. We leave for Paris 28th May and would dearly love to have him show us around the 'no-so-touristy' Paris, whether in a group or on our own - anything! Looks like all my months of research and tips from Fodorites just returning from Paris is going to come in handy!
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, all, for your suggestions. Will try to get in touch with Michael Osman.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 02:11 PM

Tod - email Michael again. He's pretty busy but does respond. I used him last year and he got back to me quickly so don't give up.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 07:43 AM

I have been meaning to write a trip report that would highlight my family's experiences in Paris with Michael along as our guide. He did take us through the big museums of Paris like the Louvre and the d'Orsay. I would highly recommend him for any place you might visit in the city. We all loved his explanations of the Impressionist artists at the d'Orsay. On the same day we visited the d'Orsay he took us up to Montmartr. My boys even had the attention for his stories about the famous artists. It made it more interesting to visit the area in Paris where many of these people had lived. I had some difficulty reaching him at first. We were very happy that we were persistent. He seems to be a very busy guy. He had mentioned family staying with him before or after the week we were with him. I'm sure this might add to his delays. Keep trying he is worth it. I'll try to write a full report of my family's trip soon.
Ellie