Search

Guidance needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:31 PM
Dana

Guidance needed

Flying into Paris & need to be in Brussels 2 days later - would like to see Normandy. After 3 days in Brussels, am returning to Paris for 3 full days. Never been even close before - What recommendations does any experienced traveler in these areas have for me? Thanks

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 05:56 PM
Marilyn

You will get a better response if you put the geographic area into your header, e.g., "Need help with Paris, Brussels, Normandy itinerary".

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Bob

Don't try to see too much! With jet lag, you may be tired enough without trying to fit in Normandy before going to Brussels. Besides, it sounds like you would have only one day in the area at best. Given travelling time and distances, I would give it a pass on this trip. There is more than enough to enjoy in Paris and area. If you are still determined to see part of Normandy, it sounds like your best bet would be when you return to Paris to take time from there and head to Normandy.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Doug

I would be tempted to take a leisurely drive from Paris to Brussels. Rent a car at CDG, drive through Giverny (stop to see the chateau) on to Lille, into Brugges (perhaps take a canal ride) and then into Brussels. This seems like a two day trip. You can return the car in Brussels if necessary or in Paris at almost any train station.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Doug

Sorry, I meant Chantilly not Giverny. Although you could drive to both Giverny is not in the same general direction, north from Paris.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 10:23 PM
dee

just came back from paris and had a woderful time. Don't miss The Palace of Verseilles just outside Paris. Don't take a tour you won't have enough time. We took a taxi it was just under $30.00 with tip each way. Go on a unny day when you can enjoy the gardens. The museum pass will get you in free. Make sure to buy a museum pass, it's worth the money and you don't have to wait on lines.