Notices

grey gables ennis

Old Oct 20th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
grey gables ennis

thi b&b has been recommended - has anyone stayed there - we are basing ourselves in ennis to play golf in early nov thank you for any assistance
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 06:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, I have stayed at John Madden's Temple Gate hotel, the Queens hotel and Abbey Tourist Hostal in Ennis and at Fitzgerald's B&B in Miltown Malbay but never at Grey Gables B&B.

Golf: If you want a warmup for Lahinch you might try Spanish Point (about 2km from Miltown Malbay). It's a 9-hole 'Executive' (no par-5's) Links course and it's fun to play. No buggies, you have to walk but they have rental pull carts (trolleys). See my http://groups.msn.com/gate5
P.S.
The last time I was there in November the Parkland courses were too wet to play. Only the Links courses were playable.
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 03:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neds...

How was the Abbey Tourist Hostel?

hxs
Old Oct 25th, 2003, 01:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lrrover: Abbey Tourist Hostal was OK. I just stayed there a couple of nights in May'03 when the Spring Traditional music festival was on - everything else was fully booked or very expensive. I'm not a Hostal person; I like ensuite baths but I am an early riser and I got to shower in the ground floor bath - the best.
I had single occupancy in a room that would accomodate 6-people: 25 Euros.

'Do it yourself' breakfast was included and the location is great! It's across the river from the ruins of the Friary and about 150m from Cruise's and the Queen's hotel.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 08:50 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neds:

Thank you for the info. We will be there for one night in two weeks for the Ennis Trad Festival. We have the double room.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 01:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lrrover:
A lot of the sessions / activities of the Ennis spring Traditional Irish music festival (May'03) took place in the Queen's Hotel.
I stopped in to Cruise's pub just as an impromptu session was starting (3:00 PM); it continued until 9:00 PM - just before the regularly acheduled music was to start. It was fantastic! They began with a couple of guitars; when it ended there were 3-guitars, 1-banjo, 2-bohdrans and 2-fiddles. Musicians just kept wandering in and 'sitting in'

As I wrote earlier, that's just across the Fergus river bridge from the Abbey Tourist Hostal.