Recomendations for hotel or B&B in Ennis

May 12th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Recomendations for hotel or B&B in Ennis

I am finally going to spend a night or two in Ennis and I am looking for a recomendation for a hotel or B&B in town center. Will probably do the walking tour out of the Tourist office, anything else not to miss?
May 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM

Johnod,

You'll enjoy Ennis if you do stay right in the center. I've stayed in Temple Gate and liked it and I looked at rooms in Old Ground and they were nice. You couldn't go wrong with either of these hotels. Just hope there isn't a wedding on.

Regards, Joan
May 12th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Oh, yes, Temple Gate is just across a little square to the Tourist office.
May 12th, 2007, 12:33 PM

We stayed at Grey Gables in Ennis. The web site is www.bed-n-breakfast-ireland.com We were very happy with it. Good location, good breakfast, big rooms, reasonably priced.

The above is my copied and pasted response to another recent thread. There were other Ennis recommendations on that thread but not sure how many are in the town centre. Grey Gables is a very short walk.
May 13th, 2007, 05:04 AM

Ennis hosts a Spring Music festival (Fleadh Nua) 22-28 May: you may find lodging pretty tight that week, esp. B&B's.
John Madden's Temple Gate Hotel is the most centrally located (on 'The Square' where a Convent used to be). The ITB, also in a Convent building, is across from the Hotel's Main Entrance (i.e., NOT the Parking Lot Entrance).

The Old Ground Hotel is adjacent to the Cathedral about 60m down O'Connell St.

The Queen's Hotel is on Abbey St. about 100m down from O'Connell Square. Look for the burned out Friary.

I stayed at Temple Gate several times and at the Queen's once. Reception will warn you about noise at checkin to the Queens. I got a few hours sleep.
May 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM

John:

The N18 bypass is in at Ennis and there are only two exits for the town, one south, the other north. Keep this in mind as you approach from whichever end as it's a bit of a ride to the next exit.

The town center is really nice and the trad music scene is really taking off. I found three places with live music on a Wednesday night.

Bill
May 14th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, Templegatelooked great but is booked for my weekend. Am checking with Grey Gables now. Have fun