Grenada or Seville for three days?

Feb 7th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Grenada or Seville for three days?

We are visiting my daughter in Barcelona and want to take a side trip to either Grenada or Seville. Have found great deals for both. We'll be going the middle of May. Would love some input on which one to do for three or four days. We won't have a car.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:01 PM

I visited both this summer (in 43c heat!)
Whilst The Alhambra is spectacular and Granada itself has a certain charm, I absolutely loved Seville. It would be my choice everytime. It is a great city to visit on foot, the sights ,the food and the people were unforgettable.
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:48 PM

I'd agree with the above poster. Both have their pluses and are wonderful, but love Seville even more than Granada. If you do go to Seville, I highly recommend the flamenco show at Los Gallos.
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:28 PM

Since you plan to spend 3-4 days there, I would say Seville because there is not much to do in Granada once you've seen the Alhambra. And actually, if you want to miss out on the super-touristy feel, see flamenco at the Memoria de Al-Andalus cultural center. It is not a bar - just a beautiful garden with authentic flamenco - ony about 11 Euro. Take some time to walk outside of the areas that the guide books recommend. There's a little plcae down on a tiny street called Calle Carmen (Not on most maps!) called Ocumare - they make amazing chocolate drinks. Enjoy!!
Feb 7th, 2004, 05:01 PM

I would visit Seville. It was my favorite city during our travels around Spain. Romantic, good food, nice strolling, flamenco shows, cathedral is impressive, etc. We stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia, which we liked. Granada is cool, and the Alhambra is amazing. Still, our fondest memories are of Seville. Maybe that will give you an excuse to go back to Spain!
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:56 AM

WE really felt we saw all of Granada in one really long long day. On the other hand, Seville easily kept us occupied for for 4 nights and days.
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:10 PM

I agree with the other posters.. Seville. We were there for 2 nights and it was not nearly long enough. Seville has a special, magical, romantic feel about it. While the sights in Granada are fabulous, Granada itself is not as exciting.
June