Greece - Louis Cruise Line

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you recommend them or would you pick a few islands and try it on your own?
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 02:00 PM

I'd do it all on my own.
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 02:44 PM

We used them, the ship, uh tub, was the Perla, what a dump. Knowing what I know now, no way would I use
Louis Cruise Line again. As brotherleelove stated,do it yourself,the Greek isles are beautiful.
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM

I guess I'm easy to please. We took the Perla last year and had a great time. I never expected to like cruising, but was pleasently surprised. True, the rooms are nothing to write home about, but they were clean and quiet. The food was great - especially breakfast. To me the ship was basically a traveling hotel. I only used my room between 10:00pm and 7:00am. Most of the time I was off the ship enjoying Rhodes, Kusadasi, Patmos and Mykonos.

I know that compared to the big name and big-priced cruise companies Louis is low end, but it looked like a lot of other economy minded folks had the same idea we did. When I travel to Europe I'm not looking to live in the lap of luxury. If I can squeeze out a few more days of vacation by being frugal I'll do it.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 11:04 AM
cd

We're taking Louis Cruise Line, MV Cristal, April 9 to cruise the Islands for the same reason as the above poster. We are using her for transportation. I checked into the Islands we wanted to visit and using the ferry and doing it on our own, cost about as much plus all the hassle. I don't expect much except transportation to six islands and hamburgers onboard, therefore I don't think we will be disappointed. I will let you know.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM

Be careful of Louis Lines' future. They are under extreme pressure to clean up the Sea Diamond debacle and are refusing to do so. Consequently they have been threatened with huge fines and their top executives threatened with arrest and prosecution. I would be concerned that all this might affect their ability to conduct business in the future. Also, do you really want to give your business to a company that won't take responsibility for cleaning up their own mess and in the process of refusing to do so are putting the beauty and future of Santorini's coastal habitats in jeopardy from potentially huge fuel leaks?