Greece itinerary change - feedback?

Jan 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Greece itinerary change - feedback?

I am considering changing my itinerary due to the need to get back to Athens for a flight to Santorini. Which looks better to you?
Option 1: arrive Athens 7:30am and take bus directly to bus station for bus to Nafplio. After 3 nights, return to Athens for 1 night then flight to Santorini next day at 12:20.
Option 2: arrive Athens and stay for the night in Athens then bus to Nafplio the next day for 3 nights leaving from Nafplio at 6:00am for a flight from Athens to Santorini at 12:20.
Flight and hotel in Santorini already booked or I would consider other options. With option 1, it's a long travel day to Nafplio but no rush to get back for our flight. With option 2, more relaxed travel day but stress of getting back in time for flight. What do you suggest? Any other options I haven't considered? Thanks so much!
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Lily, I don't think you posted this on the Greece section of the forum, so you may not get many answers.

I do not understand what you mean by
"With option one it's a long travel day to Nafplio." The bus from Nafplio to Athens leaves almost every hour on the hour, roughly... and takes 2.5 hours -- UNLESS you take a bus on Sunday afternoon when the weekending Athenians create a traffic jam.
Why not take, say the 5 pm bus--gets nto Athens bus station by 7:30, taxi to your hotel by 8 pm -- which gets you to your favorite taverna by 9pm, a proper Athens dinner hour.
The AM thing of Opt 2 requires getting up at ungodly hour, then worrying about missing your THira flight. No contest.
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks travelerjan. I did want to spend 3 nights in Nafplio but that's a good suggestion. I meant it's a long travel day including the overnight flight.
Jan 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Can you tell me how to post on the Greek section of the forum? I thought Greece came under Europe. Thanks!
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:22 PM
GBC

To select Greece; start with Europe as you have done. Next, on the upper right of your screen where is says 'General Interest' scroll down to Greece. Press 'select' and all of the topics with Greece in the headline will appear on the left. Then you can post your question and people who are interested will see it.
Jan 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM

There is no Greek "section" of the forum, you have posted this correctly on the Europe forum.

What you *can* do, however, is "tag" the post with the "Greece" keyword, so that people who are searching by the keywords for Greece will see it. Some people only read the Europe forum by searching for the posts "tagged" with a certain country, so they don't see your post if it's not tagged with the right keyword.

But there is only one Europe forum, no sections or subforums. They all get posted in the same place.
Jan 10th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!