Great Fares to Italy thru Summer

Feb 8th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Great Fares to Italy thru Summer

Excellent fares to Italy that started yesterday on Orbitz and Expedia are still good as of this morning (2/8). Better grab them in a hurry. I am sure they won't last long. I got Chicago-Rome; Milan-Chicago on September for $419r/t+tax+fees.
Feb 9th, 2004, 10:37 AM

Yes I bought 2 tickets - myself and my daughter Boston -Milan 8-3 thru 8-31 for $393 each I couldnt believe the rate.
My parents and grandparents go every year as well and they purchased them as well. $642 Boston-Cagliari GREAT DEAL!!!
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:25 PM

What air line? Thanks

Been having a hard time finding good prices from BWI (Balt-Wash DC) open jaws to Fra or London or Italy

Feb 9th, 2004, 02:33 PM

You seem to have to use Orbitz or Expedia (although I haven't been able to find them on Expedia).

The flights seem to be Delta/Alitalia with various mixes of Rome, Milan, and Venice.
I also found some cheap fares to Rome on Northwest/KLM.

I haven't tried Washington, DC, though.

If you want to ensure you are seeing all possibilities, use WAS instead of BWI as your departure airport code. Then you get all three DC-area airports. I'm not sure any of these options are available through BWI.
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM

The low fare I got yesterday for September is still available... however the fare my parents booked (R/T direct JFK to Rome) was $470... now it is $912!
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:12 PM

British Airways sale runs thru Feb 12 for travel thru Dec (I think) and has decent connections to many spots in Europe. We got DC-Milan over Thanksgiving for $490 including taxes.