Search

Grand Hotel Serbelloni Residence Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Hotel Serbelloni Residence Apartments

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has stayed at the Grand Hotel Serbelloni Residence Apartments?
I checked Travel Advisor, but I didn't find any information. My travel agent wants to charge me $150 to find hotels/apartments in the Lake District. I figure I will try to do this myself.

If you have any information about this place, please kindly share with me.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you in advance. My finger was too quick.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:05 PM

YES I have stayed there -- L'Olivo residences I think may be the name. Under that other name there are a couple of reviews on tripadvisor.com.

We really liked the place. They mostly rent by the week. You are uphill a block from the hotel itself but you can use the hotel facilities. The rooms are right over the fitness center which is handy.

There are some splendid lake views from a number of the rooms -- ask for one with a good view if you can. There are different sizes of apts. and we found the 1 br size fine for the two of us. It would be a great spot for family or for people who want to cook for themselves.

Also there's a nice shared patio with lake views where people have morning coffee or picnics.

We would HAPPILY stay there again. Please post again with any specific questions you have.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Annw,

Thank you for clarifying the name, I was a little confused when I when to their web site and Travel Advisor.

Is the location quite? Also, would a car be a good idea? I am thinking of going there in October, would this be a good time? I don't really like going to hot places, being that I live in Hawaii.

I am in the beginning of planning my trip and I really don't know a lot about the lake district. At the moment I can't locate my map of Italy. I need to get an idea of the area.

The information you provided is a great start.

Thank you again for replying.
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM

cafe, we lived in Hawaii in the early eighties! (windward side of Oahu).

I'm betting the area will be cooling off in October. As you can see from the map the Lake area (i.e.,Lake Como) is quite close to Switzerland.

We did not want to keep a car there so we took train to Como, then hydrofoil to Bellagio. Others have taken a train all the way to Varenna (the next lake town up from Bellagio) and from there you could take a boat back to Bellagio.

We loved our week there, but some people find it too quiet and out of the way for a whole week.

The apartments are comfortable and convenient; they are substantially less pricey than the hotel and not at all opulent (like the hotel public rooms) but again you can use hotel facilities while at the apartments.

We had a nice time shopping in town getting pasta, cheeses, wine, etc. and also there's a great little laundry right nearby.

If you can get a map of Bellagio you will see that many of the streets are actually quite vertical--with steps in some cases. Very little car traffic on most of the town streets (very little room to maneuver!). Noteworthy is that there is a long promenade along the lake with beautiful views and a number of lakeside restaurants. Many of the hotels are along this stretch and the boats and some limited car parking are down that way. But at the top of all these steep, perpendicular /vertical streets (lined with shops) is another street which parallels the promenade. Along this street are not only shops but the aforementioned groceries, pastry shops, and otherwise purveyors of food for your week's stay.

i think it depends on what you are looking for and whether you want to be at this relatively small (but charming), relatively cool weather (for Italy) but stunningly beautiful location for an extended period of time.
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM

RESIDENCE L'ULIVO APARTMENTS

That's the actual name -- I had the spelling wrong.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

annw,

Thank you for the information you have provided, it is very helpful. Sorry I did not reply right away, I Just saw your last reply.

Do you miss Hawaii?
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 07:42 AM

Hi cafe, we do miss Hawaii at times and still have friends there; we go back every year at least once, and we have thoughts of spending more time there in the future.

Keep us posted on your travel plans here, as I'd like to hear where you end up going!