Reload this Page >

Grand Hotel Plaza in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 07:25 AM
iris

We made a reservation at the Grand Hotel Plaza for this summer in Rome. They had a special summer rate that seemed to be a good value for a 4 star hotel. <BR>However, I haven't read very much on this forum regarding the hotel. They currently had renovations done this past year, so I am hoping for the best. <BR> <BR>Any feedback from anyone?

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Ed

Don't know the property personally. <BR> <BR>Location is quite central. Transport good. Location might be a bit noisy. If air conditioned you should be okay, and you may in addition want to request a 'back' room (or one off the street in any event.)

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 11:26 AM
cleo

The hotel is very old and majestic. They have recently renovated the hotel, but I haven't heard anything regarding changes. I too have heard that they are offering special rates from their website.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 11:48 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Iris <BR>Stayed at the Grand Hotel Plaza on <BR>Nov 3 thru 8 of last year. It was <BR>the first time here as before used <BR>the De La Ville which was at the top <BR>of the Spanish Steps. Love the area <BR>around the Plaza, no steps to walk up <BR>and down. Many ristorantes in the <BR>immediate are and one we have used since <BR>1971, the Capriccosia, the area is unbeleivably busy on Saturday evenings, <BR>but after 7pm mostly everyone gets lost <BR>and things return to normal. The Plaza <BR>is old probably built in the 1880's, <BR>some rooms have been remodeled but service and accomodations and etc are <BR>very satisifictory. Richard of La Grange Park, Il..

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Sylvia E

We are staying at the Plaza right now and were very pleased. Large ample rooms, especially quiet on the courtyard side. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet included and it is a feast! Convenient to so many places- 3 blks from Spanish Steps, a 30 minute walk to St. Peters, 15 minutes from the Trevi Fountain. Would stay here again. Try and get a room on courtyard side rather than facing steet. The neatest feature is that for about $5 U.S. a day they let you use their computers for Internet/email purposes so I can keep in contact with family back home. Have a wonderful time and ciao!

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 07:47 AM
iris

Sylvia, <BR>Thank you for the wonderful report. Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. Also thanks for the tip on the use of their computers, it would be great to be able to send a report back home.