Grand Hotel Miramare vs. Hotel Continental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Santa Margherita Liguire in July and trying to decide between these 2 hotels. Each has offered a room with a view of the sea and breakfast. Hotel Continental is at 240 euro and the Miramare is at 320.
Is the Miramare that much better? Which one has the better location?
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

Anyone??
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:56 PM
padbrasher

Lenox. My family stayed at the Miramare in 2001, early August. We thought the hotel was quite nice. It is located directly across the street from the sea, and has a large concrete patio on the water with chairs, concessions, etc. for sunning. There is no beach, just rocks and water. Our rooms at the hotel were large, well-decorated and we had very nice bathrooms with lots of marble. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and we enjoyed it outside in the garden area. The hotel service was good as well. Location-wise, it is very close to the main area of town, so we walked to dinner and to window-shop. I do recall plenty of Vespas zooming around the streets adjacent to the Miramare, but not being bothered by night-time noise.
Portofino is not within walking distance and the streets were packed with motorists during the day. To be honest with you, we didn't love the area, and when the weather turned stormy, we packed up and returned to France (Nice) for the remainder of our trip. I think we just prefer the French Riveria. However, the Miramare was a very nice place to stay.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 11:52 PM

Friends of mine stayed at the Continental and were very disappointed since they got the last room available and it was not the best one (no A/C)...

We stayed at the Miramar and found the place very nice, but noisy (our room was next to the Room service...)
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the information. It just seems like such a hard decision to make.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 10:34 AM

I have had several clients stay at the Continental and they all loved it. Great setting--very nice hotel.