Reload this Page >

Grand Hotel Leveque - Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 1998, 06:00 AM
Annie

Has anyone stayed at this Hotel? What about Hotel du Centre? Also looking for information on Rue Cler & area.. Thanks

Old May 2nd, 1998, 09:55 AM
Mike Miller

We stayed there in 1995. Wonderful hotel, friendly staff, great location. You can walk to the Eifel Tower and Les Invalides from the hotel. Rue Cler is a market street full of bakeries, cheese shops, wine shops and fresh produce stands. There is a metro stop close by (Ecole Militaire stop I believe) and a post office at the end of the street. I definitely will stay there again on my next trip but I think you may want to book it far ahead of your arrival. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room in the back of the hotel. The vendors start setting up at around 4am.

Old May 2nd, 1998, 09:41 PM
Donna

This hotel receives rave reviews over on the AOL travel boards. For information on the rue Cler area, go to Rick Steves website (think it's www.ricksteves.com). If you stay at this hotel, however, just wander around in every direction. We LOVE this neighborhood. Don't miss the Musee Rodin - and be sure to explore the gardens. There are dozens of excellent, moderately priced restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. Be sure to book RIGHT AWAY.

Old May 6th, 1998, 07:25 AM
Wendy

I stayed at the Grand Hotel Leveque in February and thought that the location was great. Rue Cler is filled with shops, restaurants, fruit and veg stalls, cheese stores and flower markets. The metro (Ecole Militaire)is just a few minute walk . There is also a cafe just down the street and a post office at the end. I thought the hotel was nice, nothing fancy but the rooms were clean and ours had a modern bathroom(shower only).They have a breakfast room on the main level, I think it was 30ff for cont. breakfast or just coffee for 10ff. The hotel has a web site at www.interresa.ca/hotel/leveque.
I hope you have a great time!!

Old May 6th, 1998, 07:46 AM
Wendy

I stayed at the Grand Hotel Leveque in February and thought that the location was great. Rue Cler is filled with shops, restaurants, fruit and veg stalls, cheese stores and flower markets. The metro (Ecole Militaire)is just a few minute walk . There is also a cafe just down the street and a post office at the end. I thought the hotel was nice, nothing fancy but the rooms were clean and ours had a modern bathroom(shower only).They have a breakfast room on the main level, I think it was 30ff for cont. breakfast or just coffee for 10ff. The hotel has a web site at www.interresa.ca/hotel/leveque.
I hope you have a great time!!