Grand Circle question

Jul 27th, 2001, 11:28 PM
Skip

Grand Circle question

Has anyone stayed in Torremolinos on the Grand Circle Travel extended stay at the Bojandillo Apartments or the Don Pablo Hotel?

Jul 28th, 2001, 09:50 AM
mp

We took the Grand Circle trip to Torremolinos. Had a wonderful time. We did not stay at either of the hotels you mentioned, but know where they and they are just fine.

Jul 28th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Mary Jayne

I have traveled to the Bajondillo in Torremolinus with Grand Circle at least 6 or 8 times and of course became addicted to the place. It is the type of place that you either do not like or you love. We obviously always enjoyed the acquaintences we met year after year and so many like us who extended their weeks to two months each winter. However it definitely is NOT THE RITZ, but if you are looking for a more up to date place for say just your first two week trip there, perhaps the Don Pablo or now they are offering the Nautilus would be better. Each would have their place. Also, in the beginning, no meals were included and since the past several years have it either with the breakfasts which the long timers prefer as with the kitchenette, you are not eating 3 large meals a day. However if one is going for the two weeks and will be gone off on the side trips, etc, the all inclusive might be the way to go. These are just my thoughts. It is hard to choose but think you will enjoy whatever you choose as there is a lot to see in that area and you will enjoy Spain. Enjoy. Mary Jayne

Jul 28th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Celeste

Are these places available to others to rent, or are they only available to people on a tour?

Jul 28th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Mary Jayne

I know at the Bajondillo that folks from all areas rented directly from the hotels and as a matter of fact, some of those who previously traveled with Grand Circle, later dealt directly with the hotel to rent separately. They just do cater to the group also. They do put out a nice hotel folder or flier and know they had one with prices listed also. Good luck, either way.

Sep 8th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Roy

Which of the Nautilus or Don Pablo are more central? Considering everything which of the two is better?
Anyone have experience with the "dine around" program?
Thanks for any input. LeRoy

Sep 8th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Mary Jayne

Having only stayed at the Bajondillo, I know more about that one. However on location, as you can see on the illustration in their book, the Don Pablo is just up the street on the left and therefore what one might consider ;more centrally located. The Nautilus however is a beautiful walk along the waterfront, beyond the fishing village and then actually intetween Bewnalmedina and Torremolinos. However if you are any kind of a walker at all, no problem and only looking at it from the beachfront area, perhaps from the other area, it might be as close as the others to San Miguel, the main shops. All in all, a lot of repeaters in that area so there must be a reason. I may go back again and next time could possibly choose the Nautilus as feel that is the most modern of the 3 but again would probably go with what is familiar to me, the Bajondillo. But they are all within nice walking distance. The dining around is of course popular and you can pick and choose your restaurants, they have menus for you to look at before deciding, etc. I know my daughter and I did that on the Grand Circle trip this past winter to the Amalfi Coast and Italy and it was great. Have a good trip. Mary Jayne