Grand Bazaar hours?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Michelle

Grand Bazaar hours?

Anyone know what time the Grand Bazaar opens/closes?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:20 AM
???????

Er.... The Grand Bazaar where exactly ?
Istanbul, Morocco, Timbuctoo.......

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Bjorn Alvik

We were there last October, and we are early risers. Meaning they probably opens early, because GB was our first thing in the morning. Probably stays up late as well. Have a marvellous trip
Bjorn, Oslo

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Michelle

Sorry, I thought I posted that in the Turkey section. Istanbul.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Michelle

Thank you Bjorn!

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Les

I was in Istanbul last month... have no idea when the Grand Bazaar opens but it ofically closes at 6:00 p.m. but most of the shops seemed to stay open until 6:30 at least. Also... we very much enjoyed the spice bazaar which is down closer to the water where the ferries leave from. Also... the Grand Bazaar is closed one day a week (I'm not sure which day... I think it's Thursday.) so be sure to check that out with someone. Have fun and remember that good old greenbacks do lot of talking there....

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Anna

The Grand Bazaar opens around 9:00 AM. It is neat to get there early and see the market starting to wake up - people scrubbing the store fronts and glasses of tea being delivered to the shopkeepers.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Kathy

Heading myself to Turkey this October. Have found the following. The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
The Grand Bazaar closes in winter at 17:00 (18:00 other seasons). Have not been able to locate the time of opening.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 04:28 PM
jahoulih

The Grand Bazaar actually has its own website, www.grand-bazaar.com, which gives the hours as Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m to 7 p.m. See

http://www.grand-bazaar.com/grandbazaar.us/non_shop.us/index_us.htm

I imagine some or most of the individual shops open later or close earlier.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Paulo

Yes, Jahoulih, the 7am/7pm schedule refers to the Bazar gates. At 8:30am just about all shops were open. Most shops close around 6pm. At 6:30pm the last shops are closing and by 7pm everybody has to be out.
Paulo

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Michelle

THANKS EVERYONE!! Thats a big help!