Granada Hotels - Help Please

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 04:11 PM
sharon

Granada Hotels - Help Please

Would anyone be able to recommend a moderately priced, clean, safe hotel in Granada that I could contact via e-mail? I have tried to make reservations at the Reina Cristina and Hotel Dauro but both appear to be full for early October. Any ideas? Anyone?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Jade

Hi there:<BR>You could try to get one of the cheaper rooms in the Hotel Alhambra Palace. It is a really pretty hotel and although not cheap, there are probably some rooms for reasonable prices.<BR><BR>Whatever you do, don't stay at the Hotel Washington Irvine. It was one of the most depressing, grotty hotels I have ever stayed in. And the staff were like something out of the 'Adams Family'.<BR>Enjoy Granada - it is SO beautiful!<BR>Regards, Jade

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:26 AM
sharon

Hi Jade:<BR><BR>I have tried to find contact numbers/email for the Alhambra Palace but haven't had success. Would you know them? I'm having a hellavu time finding something affordable in central Granada for the 1st week of October. I'd appreciate any info.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:51 AM
jules

Hi Sharon, last summer we stayed at Hotel America in the Alhambra complex itself (and handily right next to the Parador, which was perfect for eating outside) The Hotel America is "moderately priced, clean and safe' with a courtyard for breakfast and lunch. It wasn't the most Luxurious, but absolutely fine (no TV!).

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Andre

http://www.h-alhambrapalace.es/defaulti.htm<BR><BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Gracie

Hi Sharon,<BR>I went to Granada in February and stayed in the Melia Granada..very nice hotel with a very good location in the center of town. Our room was superb ! Very nice marble bathroom with lots of goodies.<BR>Breakfast was great..tons of things to choose from.<BR>We spent around 100 euros per night on a room for 3 persons. Check their website www.melia.com and search for the e-mail of this specific hotel.<BR>I didn't really see the need to stay in a hotel up at the Alhambra..I think hotels in town are more fun and you can go shopping at the many stores a couple blocks away and it's also closer to the best tapas restaurants.<BR>We rented a car and visited the Alhambra and later drove up to the Sierra Nevada and visited the ski station which is very nice also..<BR><BR>Gracie.<BR> <BR><BR><BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Jade

Hi Sharon:<BR>Andre beat me to the punch. It sounds like you should take the other options that other people have written here in to account. By all means, if you can find a well priced room at the Hotel Alhambra Palace, go for it, but the other suggestions sound good too.<BR><BR>By the way, if one of the many gypsy women attempt to stop you in the street and starts trying to read your fortune, she will hit you up for money and 'curse' you if you just give her a few coins, so I suggest that you just tell her, 'deja me', (leave me alone) and keep walking. <BR>Regards,<BR>Jade

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 02:16 AM
sharon

Thanks very much for all your assistance. Finding a room in Granada seems almost impossible for Oct2-4. I've managed to find one room at Hotel Molinas - has anyone heard of this hotel or stayed there? I'd appreciate hearing your experience. Thanks.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Maribel

Sharon,<BR>In the same price range as the 4 star Alhambra Palace is the brand new 5 star AC Palacio de Santa Paula, downtown on the Gran Via, a few blocks from the Cathedral. It's the 1st 5 star in Granada, just opened in July and has promo rates/wkd rates of 143 euros. It's a "Gran Clase" AC hotel, their top of the line, and the Gran Clase ones we've stayed in have been just great, chocked full of amenities/extras/freebies. Since it's new, it might not be filled. <BR><BR>Granada's feast day, Our Lady of Sorrows, is on Sept. 30, which may be another reason for hotels being still filled on your dates.<BR><BR>Have you tried the Hotel Carmen? It's quite nice, pool area has really pretty views- comfortable. <BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>We usually stay at the Alhambra Palace, but in case you haven't explore this option....there are 2 very large hotels off the ring road which are geared towards large tour groups, the Gran Hotel Luna de Granada and Luz de Granada. Though they take package tours/bus groups, the rooms are quite upscale. I stayed at the Luna with an orchestra group of 85. We were pleasantly surprised with the high quality of our rooms.<BR>Both at www.hoteles-ma.es <BR>email: [email protected]<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Anne

This is great. I was about to post a question about accommodations in Granada (specifically the Alhambra Palacace) and there was all this great info about places in Granada!. Believe it or not at six months out (My family will be touring in February) I can't book at the Parador inside the Alhambra! So... I am looking at the next best thing. Sounds like there are a few options. Do you think the Alhambra Palace Hotel is worth it? It sounds so, but I see some other tempting options.<BR><BR>Anne

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Jade

Well the Alhambra Palace certainly is a very nice hotel (great location too), just down the hill (walking) to the town centre, just up the hill to the Alhambra. But the new hotel that Maribel speaks about sounds great too (AC Palacio). Granada has a fantastic bus system, which will basically get you to any part of Granada that you like )they are like shuttle buses, so you should be ok in whichever location you choose.<BR>Regards,<BR>Jade

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Judy

We stayed in a small apartment run by the same people (the Mosts) as Casa del Aljarife for 60 Euros. It is found on www.granadainfo.com/most/english.htm. You have to walk up the hill from the Plaza Nueva, but it is in a fine location and very pleasant. Buses for the Alhambra leave from the Plaza (or across the street) and the Cathedral is within easy walking distance. A very good and lovely restaurant (Pilar Del Toro) is across from the Plaza. Have a great trip.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Keith Meyer

Just a warning - we had a bad experience with Herr Most at Casa del Aljarife. He was most unpleasant and unwilling to help us with anything. The place is uncomfortably uptight and a little too organized. Hopefully you could find something better!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Anne

Hi again. I checked into the net's information on the new five star Palacio de Santa Paula. I could only seem to find third party agents's listings. Does anyone have this new hotel's direct phone or fax number or direct web site? Thanks for all of the great help.<BR><BR>Anne

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Andre

Anne,<BR><BR>As requested:<BR><BR>http://www.ac-hoteles.com/english/granada.htm<BR><BR>Hope it works out!<BR>Andre

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 05:00 PM
anne

Thanks so much Andre. I'll check that out.<BR><BR>Anne

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:16 AM
panvan

We're on a bit more of a budget so will be staying at a new hotel that just opened in the Albacin, the Hotel Casa del Capitel Nazari, a converted moorish palace. The rooms look simple, but the architecture is gorgeous (and there's air conditioning of course!). It's 75 euros/ night including taxes, we found it through the granadainfo website. I think their own address is www.hotelcasacapitel.com. The people are lovely and have promised us a room with views of the Alhambra (it's right across the way). I'll let you know how it is when we're back next month.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Myer

Has anybody noticed that when you try to get price and availability info on AC PALACIO DE SANTA PAULA the dates are 2002, 2004, etc?<BR><BR>Can't do 2003.<BR>

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Maribel

Hi Myer,<BR>Yes, I sure have noticied. Quite annoying. The AC chain is so hip and does so much right, but their online booking is a mess.<BR>You could just email your inquiry to<BR>[email protected] or call their central reservation phone:<BR>902 292 293<BR><BR>I see that the AC is scheduled to open a new poperty in Seville at the end of the year.<BR>Olga, do you have any insider scoop on this one?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 03:11 AM
olga

<BR>Hi, Maribel, <BR><BR>Actually, I have only seen it from the outside as I drove into town. It´s on the main road that comes from Madrid, Cordoba and the airport. It is too far out of town for tourist purposes, looks more geared towards business travellers since it´s located near Fibes, the Convention Center. <BR>It looks very modern, sort of like a box. I´m sure it´s convenient and with good facilities and it can be useful for those dates when everything downtown fills up. Also, I believe it will have a pool, so not a bad option for families with kids that come to town in the summertime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -