Reload this Page >

Granada Bus Station - Where is it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 02:25 PM
Myer

Can anyone tell me where the bus station is in relation to the Cathedral? Distance and direction.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:49 PM
Eric

Myer, <BR>You sure do get around this forum. I was there last year but had a car. Under no circumstances was I going to try the narrow streets of Granada; instead I drove directly to the Alhambra car park. After visiting the Alhambra, we did go to the Cathedral but by local bus (the only sane way to do it). According to a recent guidebook (sorry forum, someone else's) the estación de autobuses is not centrally located. It's at Carretera de Jáen s/n, 3km northwest of the centre and cathedral. Not walkable, obviously. From there bus #3 would take you to the town centre where the Cathedral is. Actually, you would get off at the Cathedral stop, before you get to the centre (Plaza Nueva, I think). As you approach keep a watch for the stop name. You will not be able to see the Cathedral from the bus as it approaches that stop. <BR> <BR>Eric

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 02:40 AM
Myer

Thanks. Actually we'll be arriving by train and leaving by bus. <BR>Being a little cautious I'll probably make 2 trips to the bus station; one to get tickets and then in the evening when we leave. <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 04:52 AM
frank

If you want to walk it takes about 30-40mins, you don't have to be insane, there are no narrow streets, you will actually see some non-tourist parts of the town.I've done it & lived.And next day I walked back.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Myer! Let's Go (and maybe even Lonely Planet) gives directions for walking, or taking an inexpensive local bus, from the train station to the center of Granada. Good luck!