Notices

GPS in Italy

Aug 10th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

GPS in Italy

Will be in Tucany region of Italy for a week. What GPS units, Garmin or Tom Tom work best? Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:37 AM

Depends on what you are comfortable with. I use a Tom Tom which I purchased in Amsterdam already loaded with European maps. Works great and is easy to use. Some people like their Garmin. Both are good but be familiar with using what you decide on.
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:33 AM
jgg

We use the TomTom and love it! Be sure you do load it with the European maps before leaving.
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM

When I got into GPS navigating 6 years ago, the conventional wisdom was that if you were navigating Europe get a TomTom and if North America get a Garmin. Ever being the contrarian, I loaded Europe maps onto my Garmin and I couldn't imagine any other GPS being notably better.

There really isn't any navigating advantage to one or the other now so as Huggy suggests, go with what you're comfortable with or that has the features you're most likely to use at home.

HTH
u
Aug 10th, 2012, 01:29 PM

use Tom Tom, never a problem, loveit.. load up the map of Italy , around $75 and your good to go.

Search this Thread