Gozo car rental

Mar 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Gozo car rental

We will be renting a car on Gozo this June, and although I know we need AC and not an open car, I am wondering if we also need 4 wheel drive. Any advice on Gozo car rental, picked up and returned at the port?
Mar 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM

Check out the Gozo Forum @ Tripadvisor.com for auto rental information. They've got a couple of recommendations and good advice on what to do and see. Have fun!
Mar 18th, 2007, 04:28 AM
ira

Hi H,

>I am wondering if we also need 4 wheel drive.<

It would help if you told us where you are going.
Mar 18th, 2007, 04:30 AM
ira

OOOOPS,

Please ignore previous post. quot;>

Mar 31st, 2007, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

I really need advice from someone who knows the car rental places at the Gozo port. I've been told that the 4 wheet jeeps all have their cloth tops removed in the summer, and as I am not 21 years old any more, I do need sunshade (my friends already are getting skin cancers; beware young folk, or that might be you in the future!). Does anyone know of a car rental place that has 4 wheet drive, AC, and keeps the tops on?
Mar 31st, 2007, 06:17 PM

Why not hire at the malta airport and drive to the ferry, AND keep the same vehicle.

Why on earth do you want a 4 wheel drive ??.
Are you really planning to drive off road?.

If you are be aware thtat you will not be covered by the ibsurance. Ok the roads are a bit bumpy but not a problem.
Apr 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM

humanone, I rented a car on Gozo in 2002 and drove all over the island. You do not need a four wheel drive.

We rented from a place called the Gozo Garage in Victoria. I think you can find it through a Google search. We dealt with a fellow named John who was extremely helpful.

All of our rental arrangements were made over the phone. John parked the car in the ferry aprking lot on Gozo and left a card in the window with our names on it. The keys were under the floor mat, as promised, and there was a handwritten note asking us to drop by the garage the next day to sign the rental agreement. His policy on gas: "I don't remember how much was in it, but bring it back with about the same amount in the tank, please."

It is very easy to drive on Gozo. There was one traffic light when we were there. Stop signs are best regarded as suggestions, and feel free to drive on the shady side of the road until you see someone else coming at you ... yes, it's that kind of place, or at least it was five years ago.

Anselm
Apr 1st, 2007, 06:16 AM

IT still is , i was there in september
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Should you wish to investigate Gozo Garage for rental of a car on the island in June the tel no is 0035621553734 and their e-mail is [email protected] . Please try not to rent one of those horrid jeepy things...they always look so unsafe, no seat belts that i can see (I live on Malta and visit Gozo often)Blightboy's recommendation, should you be intending to have a rental car at your disposal even when in Malta, is a good one. No, a four wheel drive is not necessary at all.Travel safely.