Reload this Page >

Gourmet cooking classes in Morocco?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 11:18 PM
wendy

I was just looking through some French foodie sites and saw that the gourmet chef and owner of Chateau St. Paterne in Normandy lives in Marrakesh during the winter months...and is offering a culinary program there Feb. 23-March 2nd. <BR> <BR>I am thinking about going...any other foodies interested? I've never been to Morocco. <BR> <BR>At www.cookfrance.com you can see the program under schedules. Let me know what you think. <BR> <BR>It says you stay in Kaiss, (a restored family palace) and take a week of cooking classes to learn to make tagines, keftas, pastillas, and couscous. A chef takes you through the open-air markets, a few dinners in private homes, camel rides on the beach...for $2,990? <BR> <BR>The company is called Les Liasons Delicieuses. Has anyone ever worked with them? <BR> <BR>They do truffle trips to the Dordogne with Michelin-starred chefs and some trips to Provence, Alsace and Bordeaux. <BR> <BR>Thank you to share any information you have. <BR> <BR>Wendy <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 05:25 PM
Maybe I've heard of it

Is this a one-week program in Feb., with time in Marrakesh and then in some Atlantic resort, and is it limited to 8 people, and run by people who have done a similar cooking program in Provence? If so, I think that sounds like the trip an acquaintance of mine was planning to take. She's a very discriminating traveller and spoke highly of the Provence cooking school program that she attended a few years ago.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 11:16 AM
wendy

Yes that's it! <BR> <BR>That is great to know, thank you! <BR> <BR>Wendy

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 03:46 PM
xxx

Are you going to go? Just curious. Caution: If the trip is limited to 8 people, why are there still openings this close to departure?

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 03:47 PM

Someone asked about cooking classes in France. See website.