Got Too Much Tuscan Sun!!

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:55 AM
Jennifer

Got Too Much Tuscan Sun!!

Now these are small incidents that make your vacation memorable. I read Fodors frequently and I must admit that I found many nice people give advice that I found to be precious on my trip to Italy. I was on my honeymoon and we decided to travel to Tuscany, we travelled all over and by far our favourite place was Siena. I had read the thread about the book 'Too Much Tuscan Sun' written by Dario and having read Under the Tuscan Sun I was hoping to get hold of it but alas no bookstore had ever heard of it. When we arrived in Siena we walked into a bookstore on the main street (I think the name is Senese something)and in the foreign book section we found it! Now the incredible thing that happened was that in that very moment a rather nice man approached us saying if we wanted the book autographed? It was the author standing right in front of us! He was so kind that he paid for the book, took us out for a glass of wine and entertained us reading us a chapter. I am so glad that we met him. I had read so many nice threads about Dario and now regret we did'nt book one of his tours. Maybe next time.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 03:24 AM
Jonesj

How nice Jennifer,have you got to read the book yet? I am interested in all books that describe Tuscany. Do you know where I can find it without having to go all the way to Siena?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:51 AM
Gianna

I have seen several posts that give Darios (same guy?) e-mail, its [email protected]

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:11 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

I am still waiting to receive my copy from Dario. In the meantime--for those who love Tuscany--be sure to read the book by Isabella Dusi " Vanilla Beans & Brodo".

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 07:21 AM
roco

Jennifer,

Did you read Dario's "story" posted this week about when he was reading to clients in a restaurant and a nearby Frenchman became confortational.......it was posted earlier this week.

Maybe he was reading to YOU????

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:26 PM
diane

Hi,
I replied on this thread and when I returned to it all but four replys remained. So I will try again. So many of you have nice things to say about Dario I wondered if you could answer some questions. Where does his tours take you , how long are they, how much are they, there will be 4 of us, and does he show you siena?
Thanks everyone,
Diane

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:17 PM
Larry

I went out with Dario a few years ago, he departs from Siena, takes 2/5 people without mixing groups and goes deep into the Tuscan countryside, his tour is definetely off the beaten path, he enters wineries that are not open to the public, showed us some Etruscan tombs that he had dug out(!), villages completely isolated from the world and drives on dusty white roads, he entertained us with many stories and anecdotes about the area, the amazing thing is that he seems to know everyone and always has an answer to any question you ask him. He is well versed and charming and now the book! Can't wait to read it

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:09 PM
topper

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 08:00 AM
Mandy

Thanks Dario, I received your e-mail today, I can't wait to see you next year, in the meantime I will read your book!!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:42 AM
diane

Larry,
Thanks for the infomation, How do you contact Dario? I saw his web sight but it's all about buying olive oil.
How much would a tour of 4 be?
Thanks,
Diane

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:51 AM
batman

Maybe we should just rename this site the Dario Fan Club and Free Advertising Forum.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 01:36 PM
Catwoman

For Batman, it seems to me that the entire forum is about advertisment,hotels,restaurants,tours, guides,museums,transport and so on. If people enjoyed Darios tours and are now raving about his book (which has to do about travel) it seems to me that this is the right place to do so? For Diane, why don't you contact Dario directly, it might be easier.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:42 PM
DanI

So Jennifer, what does the book Talk about? Is at a fiction or a novel? iam curious

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:50 AM
Jennifer

The book is about Darios experiences touring tourists around the Chianti hills and growing up in the area. Also many chapters explain the history and the culture of the area. Very easy to read,certain parts are hilarious others rather moving. The descriptions of the various seasons are very realistic.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 04:21 AM
Jennifer

The book is about Darios experiences touring tourists around the Chianti hills and growing up in the area. Also many chapters explain the history and the culture of the area. Very easy to read,certain parts are hilarious others rather moving. The descriptions of the various seasons are very realistic.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:43 AM
Jimbo

I ordered the book a few days ago, I never met Dario but can't wait to read it. I have read so many posts about him on the forum, I will write down my thoughts when I have read it.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Jimbo

Hi!! I received an e-mail from Dario today saying that he has started sending the books this week! I am so happy that we will be able to read a book about Tuscany written by a Tuscan.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Pamela

Got it!!

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Gipsygirl

I ordered the book on this site, received it, loved it, bravo Dario a book written from the bottom of your heart! The passion that you feel for your area is very special. when is your next book coming out?

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Anne

Is the book available in bookstores in Florence?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -