Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Good shows to recommend for ages 7, 9, and 11?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 06:20 AM
ken

We are coming to London from New York in February. We would like to take the three kids to the theater. Can you recommend any good shows?

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 07:29 AM
Sue

The Lion King--we loved it and we are old codgers. Bought through Ticketmaster.co.uk. Do get dress circle seats if you can, rather than stalls (main floor). I think you can see more.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 09:54 AM
ken

thanks for the advice. The little ones can see well from up high? Would you say I should take anything I could get rather than nothing? <BR>Thanks <BR>Ken

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Ronel

We saw Cats and my boy of 11 years just loved it.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 08:51 AM
ken

Have you seen Mamma Mia? Do you think a 7,9, and 11 year old would enjoy it? <BR>Thanks <BR>Ken

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 07:12 AM
David White

Ken,<BR><BR>Another old standby in London theater is Starlight Express. <BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>David White<BR><BR>http://www.KidsToLondon.com<BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 07:17 AM
elaine

My 9 and 11 year-old nephews loved<BR>Starlight Express. Music is pretty loud and fun--mostly rock and roll via<BR>Andrew Lloyd Weber, lots of action with roller skating all around the theater.

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 07:18 AM
Dr. Frank N. Furter

I suggest The Rocky Horror Picture Show...<BR><BR>Dr. Furter

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 07:56 AM
jhm

If your kids like ABBA, they would love Mamma Mia!. If they don't, I'm not so sure. The show is really not that good. The value of the show is in how they work in random ABBA songs into a flimsy (at best) plot. There are two somewhat surreal big production numbers, one of which is very funny, but I'm not really sure how much someone who couldn't sing along would get out of the show.<BR><BR>Lion King is a good call, although you could see that in NY (if you could ever get a ticket). Mamma Mia wouldn't be bad -- the songs are obviously catchy and fun -- but LK is the better choice.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Sue

If you don't have access to Lion King in NYC, I'd say take anything you can get. A friend took her girls in the rafters and they loved it.