Reload this Page >

Driving time from Sorrento to Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 12:06 PM
angie

Does anyone know the actual travel time between these cities? We currently have a planned itinerary of Rome to Sorrento to Florence to Venice to Lake's Region and are thinking of dropping the south and Amalfi coast until the next trip if it is too far out of the way. My quest for info on the internet so far has only led me to tables showing mileage (not driving time) between Naples (not Sorrento) and Florence. I know that certain things such as road conditions, traffic, etc can affect driving times. Has anyone done this before?<BR><BR>P.S. I'm having a lot of trouble posting and it took me 3 times of typing this in to post a message, anyone else having this problem?

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 12:46 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Angie, I have done that one and I seem to recall about 7 hours. Frankly, I would not spend the time down and back but would subsitute the Cinque Terre as you drive north to the Lakes. Everyone seems to want to mix north and south routes and it always ends up wasting a day in total travel time. Your call !

Old Jan 18th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Paulo

I haven't driven the distance from Sorrento. Naples-Florence should take 4:30 hours nonstop. Adding the hour between Sorrento and Naples and subtracting the driving in/out time to/from Naples would total a shade over 5 hours nonstop.<BR>Paulo

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 04:59 PM
wendy

I did this trip last month in 4h30-5h00 non-stop.