Good Scuba with 15 friends?

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 11:53 AM
Kristen

Good Scuba with 15 friends?

About 15 friends of mine from the US are trying to plan a 2 week trip to do some great diving. We are looking for a beach atmosphere where we can have some great nightlife, a lot to do, and diving... Any suggestions? We are trying to stay within about 7 hours flight from the east coast of the US...

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 12:03 PM
elvira

The Caribbean seems the logical choice; Morocco is about 7 hours from NYC, gorgeous beaches in the south, inexpensive. I don't know about scuba diving (I avoid putting my face in water deeper than 6 inches), but do a web search, and see if it's a possibility. The Canary Islands may also be another source to check (never been there, planning to, looks like a gorgeous place). Do a search on this forum for several good posts about the country.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 02:38 PM
Helen

Kristen, prompted by Elvira's answer I did a Forum search on "Scuba." Talk about slim pickings! Many unanswered postings. If you don't get a reasonable sampling of helpful advice here within a couple of days, you will probably do better on a site devoted to diving. Good luck, and don't forget to exhale!

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 11:20 PM
Myriam

European waters are not very attractive for scuba divers because there is little to see and the water is fairly cold. Maybe the islands of Corsica or Sardinia could be of some interest. <BR>European scuba divers often go to the Red Sea (Hurghada in Egypt, Eilat in Israel) because the Red Sea is full of tropical fish and coral. <BR>If you want a combination of scuba diving and good nightlife, I think the Carribean have a pro. <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 11:37 PM
Martha B

I've snorkeled quite a bit around Greece, which is considered one of the better places in the Mediterranean. Compared to the Caribbean it's not exciting. Have you considered Turks and Caicos? I don't know about nightlife, although I think you can find it in Provo, but the underwater scene is truly spectacular.

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 03:50 PM
topper

!