Reload this Page >

Good Ireland map on-line

Search

Good Ireland map on-line

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Stephanie

Good Ireland map on-line

Is there a good website to get a map of Ireland on? (Boy, I'll be red if there's one on this site--I didn't even look yet) I plan on going to Barnes 'n' Noble in the near future and getting one, but I was hoping someone would know where I could look at Ireland on-line, so I can see where these towns are that everyone talks about--and where they are in relation to each other.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Stephanie

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Angela

Hello again Stephanie!!<BR><BR>Try this, it's a pretty good map:<BR><BR>www.goireland.com <BR><BR>I found this by doing a search on google.co.uk<BR><BR>Good luck<BR><BR>Angela

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Stephanie

Thanks Angela! I appreciate it!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Debbie

I recently purchased a Map of Ireland to take with in April. It is MUCH better than the one I had 2 years ago.<BR><BR>Collins Road Atlas Ireland. The map is divided up through 38 pages. very easy to read the names of the "R" roads , lots of sites listed on the map, and easy to find town names. The map has a 5.2 miles to an Inch scale , so that should give you some idea. <BR>I paid $13. for it. <BR><BR>If you are looking for just a fold up map - email the irish tourism board asking for any info they can give you. I did, and got a very nice folding map, the whole "be our guest" guide and a bunch of other flyers. For Free. <BR><BR><BR>good luck - a really good map will be invaluable. <BR><BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:56 AM
bill

The Michelin map is quite good. I liked the the book version as opposed to the fold out, but that's just me. You have to buy that at the store. You can get it online from Amazon and others. I've never seen the Collins one, but there is a map that you can get at most petrol stations in Ireland that is very good. Maybe that is the Collins map.<BR><BR>Bill

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 07:42 AM
KieranB

Look at the Bord Failte site at http://www.map-ireland.com/route/index.asp You can search for specific place names and also plan routes between towns.<BR><BR>www.vistaphotos.com

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Krista

http://www.viamichelin.com/<BR><BR><BR>You can get great drive times and plan routes here.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 10:31 PM
M.

This one should help till you get another: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/europe/ireland.jpg

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:02 AM
bill

Be aware that the drive times on Michelin tend to be a bit ambitious. If you experience no traffic, they will be close, but I was surprised how far off they were for Dublin to Belfast.<BR><BR>Bill