Gondola rides in Venice

Nov 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Gondola rides in Venice

Our family is traveling to Venice at months end. How much should we budget for a Gondola ride in the evening for 5 passengers?
Nov 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Some questions really don't need to be asked in a forum when they are easily found by yourself using Google. A search for 'gondola venice price' is all you needed to do.
http://goitaly.about.com/od/transpor...qt/gondola.htm
Nov 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM

We paid 80 euro for a 40min ride,maximum 6 people per gondola. I think evening is more,maybe euro100. There were 4of us (2adults and 2 kids) ,so we found a Korean couple from New Zealand to share with. we paid 50 ,they 30. If you don't mind sharing,it's a great way to cut your cost. We got our gondola from the inside canal near Rialto, the one near San Marco was packed with tour groups. It was a fun experience for the kids. If you are lucky ,you'll get a gondolier who'll tell you about the history of the sites you're seeing. I didn't hear any gondoliers singing, but since the gal we shared with is her birthday, the gondolier sang happy birthday in Italian.
Nov 10th, 2013, 09:23 AM

dulciusexasperis, I'd be a bit put off by your reply. Even though you aren't wrong, it's nice to hear individual experiences. No offense meant.
Nov 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Indogirl1, thanks for your reply. We are traveling with teens and they are looking forward to it!
Nov 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM

I agree with tdudette, I was a bit surprised to see a new poster respond in such an off hand way.
Nov 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

TDudette and cathies, I agree as we'll. I already googled the question before i came to this forum and like TDudette said, it's nice to hear about different experiences. That's why we come here

Having said that, now I need a good Vatican Tour for Rome. Any suggestions?
Nov 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM

We paid 80 Euros in the afternoon for 6 people (3 adults, 3 kids, 2010). The guy sang the entire time. My wife had to be dragged away from the guy.
Nov 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the gondola ride ino.
Nov 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM

If the question being asked is not one that asks for opinions, but rather for a specific fact and that answer is readily available with a simple Google, then I don't see why anyone would need to post. That's all I said.

You didn't ask for anyone's 'experiences' tfrank, you asked a very specific question. If you had asked, 'do you think paying for a gondola ride is worth the money' then I would have not given the answer I did obviously.

Tdudette, where do you see anyone asking for 'individual experiences'? The price is fixed by law, there are no individual differences in price.

Cathies, what does how long I have posted here have to do with anything? Are you under the impression this is the only travel forum on the internet? Even if it were the only forum, how does being a 'new poster' affect someone's ability to answer a question? Being an 'old poster' doesn't confer any intelligence on anyone.

In brief, get overyourselves. It was a lazy question, forums are full of them. I thought my response was what I would call, 'gently chiding' at worst or 'basically informative' at best. I don't mind how anyone takes it but don't attempt to chide me for my answer.
Nov 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM

frank,
For Vatican tours we have been very pleased with Walks of Italy and Dark Rome tours.

Search this Thread