Golf in Scotland - Royal Dornoch

Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:19 AM
DJ

Golf in Scotland - Royal Dornoch

Can anyone offer a review of the Royal Dornoch golf course?? I have a reservation for July and I'm just wondering what I can expect.

Many thanks

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:04 AM
Sheila

I haven't played it but it's meant to be wonderful.

you might want to have a look atBR>
http://www.standrewsgolf.com/scott1.htm

If you're playing late in the afternoon(remember it stays light till nearly midnight)take midge repellent just in case

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:09 AM
janis

Well I am a duffer and don't sully most Scottish links with my 'orrible play. But I take golfing friends to Scotland often and all agree (from a 3 handicapper to two 22's) ALL agree Royal Dornoch was their favorite course. It is a fantastic, challenging, HILLY (unusual on a links course) course.

The concensus of my friends is there best "experience" is the Old Course, the hardest is Carnoustie and the best (and the one they'd want to play again) is Royal Dornoch.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:11 AM
janis

make that "their" not "there" best experience

Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:43 PM
Jinx Hoover

DJ, send me your mailing address and I will send you a score card from Royal Dornoch. Also, they have a web-site you can check out. Fabulous course and great people. If you have an early tee time, see if you can get another afterwards--Dornoch deserves two chances. Nairn in that area is also a very good links. Haste ye back! Jinx Hoover [email protected]

Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:03 PM
janis

Jinx is right. The last two friends I took to Dornoch - the MINUTE they finished their round they literally ran to the starters shed to reserve another round that day.

That REALLY screwed up my plans for the rest of the day but that is another story (I just drove over to the Falls of Shinn and watched salmon leaping and soaked in the lovely scenery - and chanted Damn Golf, Damn Golf!)

But the course is really wonderful.