Golf in Italy

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Melinda

Golf in Italy

Is it possible to rent golf clubs and play in Italy without belonging to a club? My husband will be a whole lot happier about our upcoming trip if he can get away for a few rounds.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 02:20 PM
kam

Golf is not a particularly popular sport in Italy, but you might try www.emmeti.it and look for golf or there is a group called wine and golf near Lucca. Look for www.winegolf.it or something similar. Good luck. My son never found any place, but that was 5 years ago. Maybe it's changed.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 02:26 PM
liz

Hi Melinda I am in the same boat with my husband. I just topped another thread for you. The first web site listed is good and has almost all the courses listed with phone and fax numbers. I faxed one near to where we are staying last week and they got back to me right away. The one that I was interested in was in fact a private club and they had no problem with him playing there. Last year he played the Ugolino course without being a member.
Have fun and remember while they are golfing, we can shop!

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 02:39 PM
liz

Hi Melinda, I forgot to tell you that my husband rented clubs as well. Also there are over 200 courses in Italy,(20 of them in Tuscany) so in fact it is quite popular, he should have no problem getting in a round or 2.
Do some research for him, he will appreciate it once he arrives!

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Mark

Thanks for the idea, an early morning round while the wife sleeps and shops sounds really good to me.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:25 PM
Melinda

Thanks for the golf information. We are taking our teenage sons on this trip, too, so I'll never get to shop in peace if I don't find them a golf course!