Reload this Page >

Gold Charms for a travel bracelet

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Roz

I will be in Spain in a couple of weeks. I have a gold travel charm bracelet and have found it to be a royal pain to search for a charm in every country we visit. It usually takes many hours of searching in lots of stores to find a charm that represents the city or country. I read that the stores in Spain close for hours each afternoon, so I realize that my time searching for a charm is very limited, besides which I really want tour museums and sites and NOT STORES!! Can anyone out there recommend a jewelry store in Madrid, Seville, Cordoba, or Toledo that sells 14 or 18 carat charms? I am not looking to spend a fortune, but would like a nice souvenir to add to my bracelet. Please help!!!

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 05:13 AM
Maira

If you like jewelry, you'll go nuts in Toledo! I got a beautiful small charm in the shape of a fan for my sis. Just make sure it's genuine damasquinado (Maribel mentioned the store should have a decal stating so at the entrance).

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Loida

I have tried to collect charms from places I have visited (london, edingburgh, cambridge, pisa, rome, florence, venice)but I can never seem to find a jewelry store that sells the charms I am looking for. I will be visiting Spain this coming summer and I would also like to know where I could purchase a charm in Madrid, seville, or Barcelona. Having a bracelet with charms from each place I've been to is what I have always wanted but I end up giving up. I don't want for all my time to go in looking for charms a whole day! I too think that I'd rather be visiting museums and seeing everything. Roz, if you don't mind, why don't you post the places that you have purchased your charms. Anyone, I would really appreciate your help. Gracias.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Roz

Dear Loida, <BR>I am sorry I started my gold travel charm bracelet. Silver would have been a better option. A lot cheaper and easier to find. In Italy, I found a little jewerly store in Siena that had a darling charm in the shape of an ice cream cone. We were in Italy in July and ate a lot of ice cream. I have no idea what the store was called. In Paris, I bought an Eiffel Tower charm in a store on the Champs. It was definitely overpriced but all I could find. In Holland, I found a windmill charm in the town of Delf. When I was in London, I had not yet started my bracelet,so I didn't have to search for a charm. Most of the charms on my bracelet are from cities in the U.S. such as San Fran, Las Vegas, etc. Someone posted a message about charms in Toledo. That will be the last place we visit before we head home. I'm afraid to wait until the last day. I'd hate to not have a charm from Spain. I am hoping that someone will give me some information about buying charms in Madrid, Seville or Cordoba. My poor husband who hates to shop has been so understanding. I'm sure he will be relieved when my bracelet is finally full of charms!!

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 02:38 PM
celia lynn

I bought gold charms for Paris, Rome and Florence in a shop in Florence behind the Accademia Museum. They were pricy, but they are 18K. Perhaps a shop in Spain will have a good "European" selection. Won't hurt to try one or two shops if you see them along your route.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:38 PM
Marly

I know there is a mail order catalogue out there that sells charms from all over the world, but can't remember the name of it. Can anybody help? There are places where I've traveled and neglected to purchase a charm, and would love to get them from this catalog.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:21 PM
Leslie

Having worked for jewelers most of my life I recommend asking for the Michael Anthony Book of Charms. Most major jewelry stores in the US use Michael Anthony for their charm supplies. You can pick a design and order it in silver, 10k, 14k, and possibly 18k. I know Littman's uses them.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Dawn

I too have a charm bracelet, that I am adding charms to, and I've had no trouble at all finding charms throughout Europe. I can't speak for Spain, but in Italy, France, Germany and England, they are plentiful. Many stores are open after 6:00 at night, especially in the more touristy areas.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 11:41 AM
alejandra

Dawn, could you tell us the place that you got your charms. I will be traveling to some of the cities that you mentioned and some family members will be going to the others. Please post the names we would all appreaciate that. Thanks!!