Going to Italy? for women only.

Sep 12th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Annie

Going to Italy? for women only.

Am now in Italy and thanks to forum had some good hints. Now for the fashionista dilemma.... If you women want to look stylish here wear high heeled boots or pointed heels with wrapped straps halfway up your leg, wear a white cotton eyelet skirt cut on the diagonal, a camisole top that loosely laces up the front (no underwear advisable). Finally, have beautiful olive skin, a gorgeous, voluptuous figure and long thick, shiny hair. This all may not be the most comfortable sightseeing wear however! Seriously, still warm here in Tuscany and barely need a sweater at night! Pack well! Annie

Sep 12th, 2002, 09:13 AM
xxx

Are you in Italy to see the country, sightsee and be culturally enriched or are you there to get laid and/or find an Italian sugar daddy?

Sep 12th, 2002, 10:26 AM
me

Why not do both?

Sep 12th, 2002, 10:40 AM
me

Why not do both?

Sep 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
xx

Annie,

Thanks for the fashion report! It seems there are always fashion questions on the forum. The Italians really know how to dress! Such elegance! I wish that I were there with you! Please send us all a longer report when you can.

Sep 12th, 2002, 12:26 PM
chicago

Annie, I do enjoy looking stylish but I can't imagine getting that dressed up while sightseeing. I am from Chicago and have heard so many people tell me to make sure I look "good". While I won't be seen wearing white gym shoes and black socks, being comfortable seems important. I am heading out to Italy for two weeks in October...I don't have a clue what to wear.

Sep 14th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Annie

Oh my goodness, I was spoofing you because of all the fashion questions on the forum but I did see this outfit in Florence. MSN must not have read the intended humor here. No, I am actually a culture vulture who went to high school in Rome long ago, I have four grandchildren and a great husband already so no worry about any of that and I most certainly was not wearing that outfit! To those seriously worried about dress...do not worry, you will see everything here. Try to be comfortable and think what you may want to wear during the day if it is hot to be comfortable and have a jacket or something for dinner so you can look a bit more presentable at night. We were often sightseeing the entire day, as in Siena, and then stayed to go to a nice restaurant at night and experience a city after all the tour buses have cleared out. Now in Rome and it is cooler at night but still a bit warm and humid in the daytime. Annie

Sep 15th, 2002, 03:24 AM
fashionphobic

thanks for the laugh Annie!